- Mets have been no-hit 6 times
- 10 pitchers threw no-hitters before they joined the Mets
- 6 pitchers threw no hitters after they joined the Mets (toughest pill to swallow is of course Nolan Ryan)
- Hideo Nomo is actually on both lists. A no hitter before he joined the Mets, and one after!
- 7,743 games without a no hitter.
- Philadelphia is still the all time leader in terms of a stretch without a no hitter. 8,945-game-long streak began on May 3, 1906 and ended on June 21, 1964
All of these facts from http://www.nonohitters.com/
Every time I flip the TV to see how the Mets game is going, I always care more about the number of hits than the score. Someday its going to happen. I know I won't be in the park (I only go to 1 game a year) but I want to at least see the end of that historic game on TV when it happens.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium