I've made a few posts regarding the same team (and players) over the past couple of weeks, but new issues come up almost daily, many of which involve a flurry of (interesting) trades for other teams. With a couple days remaining before my league's trading deadline, I need a little help determining what direction I should take.
12-team H2H points league, we keep 3 players at the end of the season. Ace starting pitchers score the most points, top hitters certainly score a good bit as well. The average SP = average hitter. This season, my team looks great on paper, but some bad luck - facing high-scoring teams, injuries, inconsistency - has me looking in on the playoff teams. Recently, I traded a few "win now" guys to acquire Stephen Strasburg. Of course, this being the first week since my "move on to 2011" trade, my team went out and scored the most points in league history in one matchup (it was over 11 days though). Right now, the following are on my team:Stephen Strasburg
- I traded for him so he can be on my team for years. He won't be moved.Josh Johnson
- He is also extremely tough to move. 1.61 ERA, wow.Tim Lincecum
- #1 in baseball when he's at his best. Lately, he's looked good-not-great. Is he losing his dominance?Adrian Gonzalez
- A great hitter, especially on the road. However, 1B is very deep and AGon is no superstar yet.Jason Heyward
- He will be great in the near future, but it could be a reach to keep him this year.My trade options:
1.) Send Lincecum (or Johnson) + AGon + other considerations = Pujols (he's great, but hasn't been quite "Albert" this year)
2.) Lincecum + Jorge Cantu = Wright (3B is very thin)
3.) Lincecum + smaller considerations = Votto + larger considerations (helps me this year, not sure Votto is really a lot better than AGon though)
Any of those options look attractive to you? There is off-season trading, so I can always trade a player I don't plan on keeping in exchange for a draft pick in the upcoming draft (every team will have 3 keepers entering the regular draft, there are supplemental picks to ensure this if a team is low on keepers).