Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm

mweir145 wrote:
kab21 wrote:And they get so cute when argue endlessly even though they are both wrong.

There is nothing wrong in anything I've written here. I've only provided the Jays' reasoning for not making any trades this week and it seems to be pretty sound to me.

You're enabling him. Isn't that wrong enough? :-°
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby ramble2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:31 pm

What this thread has become:

Image
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 2952
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
kab21 wrote:And they get so cute when argue endlessly even though they are both wrong.

There is nothing wrong in anything I've written here. I've only provided the Jays' reasoning for not making any trades this week and it seems to be pretty sound to me.

You're enabling him. Isn't that wrong enough? :-°

I'm not the first to defend myself from idiocy and I certainly won't be the last. BTW, do you still believe he's a Reds fan? :-b
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:There is nothing wrong in anything I've written here. I've only provided the Jays' reasoning for not making any trades this week and it seems to be pretty sound to me.

You're enabling him. Isn't that wrong enough? :-°

I'm not the first to defend myself from idiocy and I certainly won't be the last. BTW, do you still believe he's a Reds fan? :-b


Are you seriously kidding? I have always been a Reds fan :-?

Idiocy? Scott Downs premiere FA on the market this year? Please. AA is a GOD because Ed Wade is going to sign him to give AA picks. You got it broooo.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=392021&p=3119545&hilit=+yankees#p3119545

DaSh 1s wrote:As a Yankee fan, I scout the daily blogs and follow the team religiously, there isn't a shot in hell they will add his contract. Gardner is currently sporting a OPS north of 800, Pierre would be one of the worst moves they could ever make.


viewtopic.php?t=417658&start=20

DaSh 1s wrote:Uh, seriously? I hate the Yankees. I am a Reds fan. Nice one.


Hmm...:-?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:There is nothing wrong in anything I've written here. I've only provided the Jays' reasoning for not making any trades this week and it seems to be pretty sound to me.

You're enabling him. Isn't that wrong enough? :-°

I'm not the first to defend myself from idiocy and I certainly won't be the last. BTW, do you still believe he's a Reds fan? :-b

Oh I've never believed he's a Reds fan. I also don't believe he's 85 years old as he claims. Either that or ayebatter has some serious dissociative personality disorder going on. :-?

Also, why do you feel the need to "defend yourself"? All you're doing is letting him rope you into a long-winded, circular argument that doesn't benefit anyone. You should know by now that some people just aren't going to change their minds.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Also, why do you feel the need to "defend yourself"? All you're doing is letting him rope you into a long-winded, circular argument that doesn't benefit anyone. You should know by now that some people just aren't going to change their minds.

So you've never defended yourself and your ideas in an argument before in the face of ignorance and idiocy, even a circular one? I'm pretty sure I've seen you do the same here.

Really, what you're saying is certainly easy for someone who hasn't been already been roped in.

Oh I've never believed he's a Reds fan.

Well that's what you told me two pages ago. What am I supposed to believe?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Also, why do you feel the need to "defend yourself"? All you're doing is letting him rope you into a long-winded, circular argument that doesn't benefit anyone. You should know by now that some people just aren't going to change their minds.

So you've never defended yourself and your ideas in an argument before in the face of ignorance and idiocy, even a circular one? I'm pretty sure I've seen you do the same here.

Really, what you're saying is certainly easy for someone who hasn't been already been roped in.

Occasionally, I do, but not with the astounding frequency that you seem to be doing it.

Oh I've never believed he's a Reds fan.

Well that's what you told me two pages ago. What am I supposed to believe?

Could've sworn I put a :-b or ;-7 or O:-) there.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby kab21 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 pm

mweir145 wrote:
kab21 wrote:Don't count on two picks. :-D

I'm not, and I don't think the Jays are either. But they must believe that Downs declining arbitration is more likely than not.


You don't?

mweir145 wrote:Yeah, it's a real wonder why Anthopoulos decided to keep his relievers for the top 50 picks.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5340
(Past Year: 162)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Occasionally, I do, but not with the astounding frequency that you seem to be doing it.

Maybe you just don't remember when Barry Bonds was still relevant on this forum and in baseball. :-D

Could've sworn I put a :-b or ;-7 or O:-) there.

Well that would have helped. I began to doubt my assumption for a bit there.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact