Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Deadline 7/31: Who Moves & Where

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:59 am

mweir145 wrote:And I almost forgot my Casey Kelly question that you ignored:

One more thing, I've also been meaning to ask you about your ridiculous sig. Are you really trying to suggest Casey Kelly has somehow regressed as a prospect because he has a mediocre ERA as a 20 year old in AA? Or are you just one of those obnoxious Yankees fans who is ignorant and dreadfully unaware about anything outside of your home team?

He's a Reds fan. :-b ;-7 O:-)
Last edited by Neato Torpedo on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:46 pm

wrveres wrote:Headlines from MLBTR in just the last 12 hours ....

John Bowker and Joe Martinez traded for Javier Lopez, a Loogy.
Jesse Chavez and Gregor Blanco traded for Rick Ankiel (the braves don't even need him) and Kyle Farnsworth
The Giants acquired reliever Ramon Ramirez from the Red Sox
The Dodgers sent Andrew Lambo and McDonald to the Pirates for Octavio Dotel and $500K
The Marlins are sending Rick VandenHurk to the Orioles for lefty reliever Will Ohman
Yankees acquired Kerry Wood

Multiple teams are eyeing Brandon League
Giants, Blue Jays in serious talks for Downs Or Frasor?
Rays acquire Chad Qualls
Mariners may move Aardsma on Saturday
Marlins actively seeking relief help ..

I'd say the market for middle relievers is just fine.

Just to point out at how terribly bad this point is:

Chad Qualls:
PTBNL

Kerry Wood:
PTBL

Ohman:
Vandenhurk

Ramon Ramirez:
Daniel Turpen

Dotel:
Lambo [I'll give the Pirates this one as a good return]

Javy Lopez:
Bowker, Joe Martinez

Farnsworth (w/ Ankiel):
Chavez, and Blanco

^ But overall thats some real FINE market for RP. Those middle relief pitchers netted some awful great value in return. The Middle RP, is booming with bountiful returns.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:49 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:^ But overall thats some real FINE market for RP. Those middle relief pitchers netted some awful great value in return. The Middle RP, is booming with bountiful returns.

Yeah, it's a real wonder why Anthopoulos decided to keep his relievers for the top 50 picks.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Is this a thread for trades, or a pissing match between Dash and mweir?! I'm sure people look forward to new posts in this thread for new trades and discussion of their impact on teams, not a cat-fight over the value of SCOTT DOWNS.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 pm

mweir145 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:^ But overall thats some real FINE market for RP. Those middle relief pitchers netted some awful great value in return. The Middle RP, is booming with bountiful returns.

Yeah, it's a real wonder why Anthopoulos decided to keep his relievers for the top 50 picks.

Ya, right? I guess that market for Middle Relievers have changed, huh? Who woulda thought
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:23 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Ya, right? I guess that market for Middle Relievers have changed, huh? Who woulda thought

History has shown that there's always an Ed Wade in the offseason ready to pounce.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby HighHeater » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm

mweir145 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Yeah, it's a real wonder why Anthopoulos decided to keep his relievers for the top 50 picks.

History has shown that there's always an Ed Wade in the offseason ready to pounce.

lol detroit loved the lyon signing from him
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby rotoquest » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:27 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Is this a thread for trades, or a pissing match between Dash and mweir?! I'm sure people look forward to new posts in this thread for new trades and discussion of their impact on teams, not a cat-fight over the value of SCOTT DOWNS.

I agree. I think you 2 should PM each other over your issues.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:46 pm

rotoquest wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:Is this a thread for trades, or a pissing match between Dash and mweir?! I'm sure people look forward to new posts in this thread for new trades and discussion of their impact on teams, not a cat-fight over the value of SCOTT DOWNS.

I agree. I think you 2 should PM each other over your issues.

I have no intention in PM'ing this guy over any issue, especially not one he is so grossly misinformed on. That would only result in continued frustration.

And I'm sorry, but wouldn't a discussion about Scott Downs' trade value fall into a thread about the trade deadline? If you don't want to read it, you don't have to.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm

mweir145 wrote:I have no intention in PM'ing this guy over any issue, especially not one he is so grossly misinformed on. That would only result in continued frustration.

And I'm sorry, but wouldn't a discussion about Scott Downs' trade value fall into a thread about the trade deadline? If you don't want to read it, you don't have to.

Here's the thing - no one really cares about the trade value of Scott Downs, especially because he didn't even get traded. And I'm kinda forced to read it, or at least scroll past it, when I check that new posts have been added to this thread. This thread was actually pretty useful and informative to check regarding ACTUAL trades and their impact for fantasy. You two have made it pretty pointless to continue subscribing. Just a 3rd party's 2 cents.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers