Álex Rodríguez Out of The 1st Round in 2011? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Álex Rodríguez Out of The 1st Round in 2011?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Álex Rodríguez Out of The 1st Round in 2011?

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:I love how this is an Arod thread but dash is posting about how great cano is...so tired of reading that...YES CANO IS GREAT...YOU WERE RIGHT THIS YEAR...WTF?!?!? MOVE ON.

Back on point...Someone mentioned earlier about arod possibly not even being above Youk at 3B next season...check Youk games played. Only TWO games at 3B so he will only be 1B eligible to start next season..little FYI.

ZOMGZz WHAT! 8-o

Another brilliant post by a brilliant mind...way to contribute Dash...I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'd have A-Rod third after Wright and Longoria next season.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:33 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:I'm sure Cano had some really amazing stretches this year, but you can't just single out one portion and arbitrarily ignore the others. All I'm saying is they're pretty comparable on a per-game basis. I have no stake in this, I don't care who was better and didn't make any bold predictions about them. Obviously Pedroia was the consensus better fantasy player going into this season, and for good reason. The fact that Cano is on par with him (and worth even more considering the injuries Pedroia has dealt with) means he carried a bigger return for those that took him.

This is like Tub Girl, in words.

Miguel Cabrera is pretty comparable to Dustin then on a per game basis. What the balls is rating players on a per game basis? Any person in the world can go off on a single way. Such a poor way to look at this.

And consensus that he was the better player wasn't for good reason, cause it was mind numbingly wrong.

You don't get out much, do you?
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:28 am

Skin Blues wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:I'm sure Cano had some really amazing stretches this year, but you can't just single out one portion and arbitrarily ignore the others. All I'm saying is they're pretty comparable on a per-game basis. I have no stake in this, I don't care who was better and didn't make any bold predictions about them. Obviously Pedroia was the consensus better fantasy player going into this season, and for good reason. The fact that Cano is on par with him (and worth even more considering the injuries Pedroia has dealt with) means he carried a bigger return for those that took him.

This is like Tub Girl, in words.

Miguel Cabrera is pretty comparable to Dustin then on a per game basis. What the balls is rating players on a per game basis? Any person in the world can go off on a single way. Such a poor way to look at this.

And consensus that he was the better player wasn't for good reason, cause it was mind numbingly wrong.

You don't get out much, do you?

Amazing.

You post something silly, get called out for it, so just take a personal attack to salvage ;-D I am 85, and in a wheelchair. Of course I don't get out.

Skin Blues wrote:I understand that Rivers is one if, if not the best reliever of all time. I also understand that his cutter is effective because of the way he spots it. Lots of pitchers can match his "stuff" in terms of velocity and movement, but what separates him from everybody else is that he doesn't make mistakes with his location.

Skin Blues wrote:I'd rather have Martin, Napoli, Suzuki, and possibly Doumit as well. Maybe a few others like Buck and Barajas. This is a rookie catcher for the Indians we're talking about. H

And now comparing BASEBALL player's value to a on game basis :-b 1 game = Holy Short Sample Size Batman! What will ya come up with next? ;-)
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:39 am

DaSh 1s wrote:You post something silly, get called out for it, so just take a personal attack to salvage ;-D I am 85, and in a wheelchair. Of course I don't get out.

Since we're on the topic of posting something silly and getting called out for it...I'm still waiting for a response here:

viewtopic.php?t=417658&start=30
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:42 am

mweir145 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:You post something silly, get called out for it, so just take a personal attack to salvage ;-D I am 85, and in a wheelchair. Of course I don't get out.

Since we're on the topic of posting something silly and getting called out for it...I'm still waiting for a response here:

Hey, that musta have been a different DaSh 1s that had the same exact avatar as me, cause I have NO IDEA where that post came from. I hate the Yankees and their stupid ignorant fans. All they do is buy championships.

ReD maChiNe 4 LiFe Bro. Recognize. B-)
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Hey, that musta have been a different DaSh 1s that had the same exact avatar as me, cause I have NO IDEA where that post came from.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. You seem to have no idea about a lot of things.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 am

mweir145 wrote:Yeah, I'm not surprised. You seem to have no idea about a lot of things.

I don't have a idea about a lot of things because I extremely skeptical that teams will surrender their first round pick for Scott Downs this winter? :-?

Wow, okay you win. I'm clueless. Keep accruing for those draft picks if it makes you feel better. ;-D

It could be worse, you could evaluate player's net performance on a individual game basis.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dannahann » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:45 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Yeah, I'm not surprised. You seem to have no idea about a lot of things.

I don't have a idea about a lot of things because I extremely skeptical that teams will surrender their first round pick for Scott Downs this winter? :-?

Wow, okay you win. I'm clueless. Keep accruing for those draft picks if it makes you feel better. ;-D

It could be worse, you could evaluate player's net performance on a individual game basis

C'mon DaSh, he clearly stated on a per game basis which is very different from an individual single game. Pedrioa has played 73 games due to injury, Cano 107, a sample size of 73 not 1 as you alluded to a few posts ago. Per game, their production is very close according to YAHOO (season average). Cano's numbers are slightly better; he's the #1 2B and Pedrioa is #2 this year, on a per game basis. Of guys with at least 50 GP, only two other hitters seperate Cano and Pedroia, Youkilis and Bautista, so yup pretty close. That's ALL the guy said, the rest you made up.

You do this all the time too, deliberately change the meaning of someone's post or take a snippet and knowingly post it completely out of context and then use your own deliberate misrepresentation and argue against it. Too bad man, you seem like know quite a bit about baseball for an 85 yo in a wheel chair and could be helpful. But instead of discussing A-Roid's worthiness as a 2011 first rounder you just can't get over a March (or was it even Feb?) thread that essentially said the two were close. As I recall, I Cano even held a small edge there, but there was no clear consensus going into 2010, per that post. I am pretty sure you again invented a completely different "truth" halfway through that thread so you could conveniently rail against the injustice of your invented majority of moronic Pedrioa lovers who somewhere inside your head had him miles ahead of Cano? From your input to this A-Roid thread, I guess they are still in there wreaking havoc. I'm old too but I sure hope I never see 85.

Back to A-Roid and 2011. I'd be cautious taking him there. The the R and RBI will likely to be 1st round worthy if the hip holds up (per game they surely will be ... couldn't resist) but it sure looks like he compensates for his hip in his swing now. A-Roid just hasn't been the same roto beast. 01-03 he was hitting a HR every 3.1 GP. 04-06 was essentially the same, a HR every 3.3 GP, he just wasn't in Arlington anymore. 08 he slipped to a bomb every 3.9 GP, 09 it was every 4.1 VP, and this year he's slipped all the way to a HR every 6 games. Who knows, maybe the hip gets better as he ages or BALCO reopens under a different name and they don't test as stringently. Maybe he doesn't have to exhume Marilyn Monroe to finally find the right has been cougar on his tragic search and can settle back in to a less volatile lifestyle. Whatever it is, I'm not touching that guy in the 1st round.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers