3 things you hate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

3 things you hate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 3 things you hate

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Alright, there are a lot of dumbass bikers, but dumbass drivers have no right to talk about bad interactions with bikers. Anyone who has to swerve to "avoid" a biker who's riding 1-2 feet away from the far right side immediately qualifies as a bad driver and doesn't deserve to have their opinions heard on the matter. Besides, it's well accepted that people think they're much, much better drivers than they actually are. :-b

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:43 am

This is the silliest conversation ever. There are idiots in cars and there are idiots on bikes. The difference to me is that the idiots on bikes are generally an annoying inconvenience when I'm driving. When I'm biking, the idiots in cars are potentially deadly.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

Has anybody mentioned how some people need to encroach into your lane or go across the road in order to just make a turn? They act like they're driving a semi and need a huge berth. :-t

A couple of others: things breaking down around the house (past week - lawn mower, the weed wacker and a part of the pool plumbing) and people paying with checks ahead of you in line at the store after you've already waited 15 minutes because the idiots don't have someone working the express lane and the cow ahead of you is stocking up for a month. ;-7
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 am

Speaking of express lanes...why on earth do 90 percent of them say "15 (or whatever) items or less"? Is everyone an idiot? The word is fewer...15 items or fewer.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:This is the silliest conversation ever. There are idiots in cars and there are idiots on bikes. The difference to me is that the idiots on bikes are generally an annoying inconvenience when I'm driving. When I'm biking, the idiots in cars are potentially deadly.

Absolutely. It just bugs me when people blame their terrible driving on perfectly well-behaved bikers like myself (usually).

Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:This is the silliest conversation ever. There are idiots in cars and there are idiots on bikes. The difference to me is that the idiots on bikes are generally an annoying inconvenience when I'm driving. When I'm biking, the idiots in cars are potentially deadly.

Absolutely. It just bugs me when people blame their terrible driving on perfectly well-behaved bikers like myself (usually).

If you dress in full spandex gear then it is your fault. It's hard to drive in a safe manner when you're laughing hysterically. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Metroid wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:

If you dress in full spandex gear then it is your fault. It's hard to drive in a safe manner when you're laughing hysterically. :-b

Then I'm usually safe. :-°

Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:11 am

3a Cyclists that defend themselves on message boards. That really rubs my rhubarb. !+)

3b Canned laughter on TV shows. IS THAT THE SPOT WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LAUGH? OK THANKS I DIDNT KNOW!

3c Most of the crap that's on TV

3d Recent pop music with the distorted robot voice

3e 1980s ballads.

/rant
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby kab21 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:49 am

I don't hate doing laundry but it's the ironing that sucks. And in Taiwan there are very few dryers so almost everything is guaranteed to be wrinkly. And doing the dishes. 10x worse than laundry.

For the most part the bike paths suck for actually riding on. There are some good ones but a lot of them are dangerous to ride at fast speeds because of slow bicycles (picture the family of 6 weaving all over the path), walkers, rollerbladers (I've been run off a bike path by a pair taking up the whole path), families using them to bbq on (do they really need a paved surface?), they weren't designed for fast cycling (twisty sections), crossing major roads but not at stoplights and a dozen other issues. I can understand the issues with the idiots that disobey the basic rules of the road but it's really not that hard to give a cyclist a couple of feet when passing them (and not swerve to the opposite shoulder).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Speaking of express lanes...why on earth do 90 percent of them say "15 (or whatever) items or less"? Is everyone an idiot? The word is fewer...15 items or fewer.

Count nouns versus mass nouns - good eye. ;-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk