3 things you hate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

3 things you hate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 3 things you hate

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:18 pm

I haven't done a load of laundry in three years. I have it done by a wash, dry, fold service. Once you get over the fact that a stranger is touching all your stuff, it's a beautiful thing. I pick up my clothes and they're clean, soft, folded, separated, and in bags. All I have to do is put them in the right drawers.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
QFT. the wife does most of anyway though

I do most of my own, that's why most everything I have gets hung up, all my shirts anyway. Really the only thing I fold is pants, shorts, sweats. I have an underwear drawer, a sock drawer, and an undershirt drawer...I don't fold any of that stuff, I just pile it in. :-b

You know, the only thing worse than folding my clothes is folding Shannon's clothes. Her clothes are so small sometimes I feel like I'm folding doll clothes. :-B

I hate folding laundry too. I even hang my undershirts and pants. Socks and boxers get stuffed in a drawer, and the only things that get folded are jeans and shorts.

I wear A-Shirts (wife beaters) as undershirts, they just get jammed in a drawer. Hanging them would suck almost as much as folding them. And yeah any pants that aren't jeans get hung up. Most of what I wear are jeans and shorts so that's usually all I'm washing.

Life is way too short to spend any of it folding socks and underwear. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm

I've convinced my wife to stop folding my underwear, but she insists on "neatly arranging" my socks. I suppose if it pleases her, it's not a big deal. But the folding of the underwear baffled me.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:45 pm

knapplc wrote:I've convinced my wife to stop folding my underwear, but she insists on "neatly arranging" my socks. I suppose if it pleases her, it's not a big deal. But the folding of the underwear baffled me.

my wife pairs my socks for me by rolling them up together, although she often mixes up white socks with different types of bands
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Confirmed: most bikers are alright and most drivers are stupid. I was driving to class yesterday and there was a biker on the street riding 1-2 feet from the curb. Of the three cars in front of me, all three swerved into the left lane, two honked their horns, and one seriously risked an accident. I just nonchalantly drove perfectly straight in the middle of the right lane and smiled and waved at the biker as I was passing him.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Confirmed: most bikers are alright and most drivers are stupid. I was driving to class yesterday and there was a biker on the street riding 1-2 feet from the curb. Of the three cars in front of me, all three swerved into the left lane, two honked their horns, and one seriously risked an accident. I just nonchalantly drove perfectly straight in the middle of the right lane and smiled and waved at the biker as I was passing him.

I think most people go over into the other lane because of liability. What if the person lost control of their bike and you ended up running over them? Even though it really is their fault, I'm not sure it would go over so easily in court.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:39 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Confirmed: most bikers are alright and most drivers are stupid. I was driving to class yesterday and there was a biker on the street riding 1-2 feet from the curb. Of the three cars in front of me, all three swerved into the left lane, two honked their horns, and one seriously risked an accident. I just nonchalantly drove perfectly straight in the middle of the right lane and smiled and waved at the biker as I was passing him.

I think most people go over into the other lane because of liability. What if the person lost control of their bike and you ended up running over them? Even though it really is their fault, I'm not sure it would go over so easily in court.

How do you "lose control" of your bike on flat, dry ground? You're just as likely to "lose control" of your car and people feel perfectly safe tailgating and driving right alongside each other in the rain at 65+ mph. Besides, the risk of someone "losing control" of their bike at that moment was infinitesimal compared to the risk of an accident when that one guy swerved between two cars in the left lane. Occam's Razor v2.0: the solution that most likely involves people being idiots is usually the correct one.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby zepfan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 pm

I dunno, I think that type of stuff works both ways. I don't think there's anything about being a cyclist that makes you inherently smarter than someone who's driving a car. I think people just get caught up in the "us vs. them" mentality and lose perspective a little. I've seen people swerve too far to avoid cyclists often but I've seen a lot of idiot cyclists as well. It always blows my mind when I see someone dressed in full cyclist gear who's decided that Friday rush hour in the busiest parts of the city is a good time/place to get their exercise in. Really, there are bike paths only minutes away but I guess because they're legally allowed to be on the road, courtesy goes out the window and "I'm gonna ride on the road and nobody can stop me". By the time I pass and fall behind the same cyclist for the sixth time because of traffic lights and already-cramped driving conditions, I'm just about ready to run the guy over.

Having said that, I agree there is no shortage of dumb drivers but it's a much larger sample size, so maybe it seems like they are dumber overall. :-b
Last edited by zepfan on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm pro biking and ride myself often, but your little experience there hardly "confirms" anything Neato. There as just as many dumbass bicyclists as there are dumbass motorists. Portland is the second most bicycle friendly city in the U.S. so I see my fair share of bicyclists vs. motorists everyday. I've seen just as much stupidity out of bicyclists as I have motorists.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Metroid wrote: I've seen just as much stupidity out of bicyclists as I have motorists.

Absolutely. They're probably the same people driving a different vehicle at the time. An idiot's an idiot whether they're on a bike or in a car... :-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk