Scratch-off Lottery Tickets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Back at it today. I had a 2 dollar one that I won, added 3 dollars leftover from lunch for a 5 dollar one:
Bought a 5$ ticket won $20 and was feeling lucky so got a 20$ ticket
With the 20$ ticket I won $50.
Decided to throw 10$ back in and won 10$ back
Decided then thats enought for the day :-b

Never heard of anybody winning this frequently... I'd tell you to go buy a lotto ticket, but well, yeah...
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24640
(Past Year: 814)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:08 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Back at it today. I had a 2 dollar one that I won, added 3 dollars leftover from lunch for a 5 dollar one:
Bought a 5$ ticket won $20 and was feeling lucky so got a 20$ ticket
With the 20$ ticket I won $50.
Decided to throw 10$ back in and won 10$ back
Decided then thats enought for the day :-b


but how much did you lose?
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14027
(Past Year: 811)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby jfg » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Does anybody know anybody that's ever won more than $500?
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6077
(Past Year: 169)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:Back at it today. I had a 2 dollar one that I won, added 3 dollars leftover from lunch for a 5 dollar one:
Bought a 5$ ticket won $20 and was feeling lucky so got a 20$ ticket
With the 20$ ticket I won $50.
Decided to throw 10$ back in and won 10$ back
Decided then thats enought for the day :-b


but how much did you lose?


Considering I've only been doing it 2 or 3 times a week since I started my job (a month) and i've won 150$ id say I'm easily up over 100. I've never put in more than 5$ a time I went. and I would say one out of 3 I at least make my money back
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2874
(Past Year: 77)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:14 am

jfg wrote:Does anybody know anybody that's ever won more than $500?



I have an uncle who is the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to the lottery. He won $1 million in the Washington state lottery back in the late 80's. He continued to work at the job in a sawmill until an auto accident in 1993. He still play's the regular lottery every drawing and has won almost $100,000 since then. He plays $5 per drawing.

He also plays scratchers and consistently wins. My mom is the one who purchased his tickets for him since he can no longer drive so she knows how much he spends and how much he wins. As often as he wins he has only won $1000 once on scratchers, everything else is $500 or under.

I personally have never won more than $25 on a scratcher, but everyone gets him tickets for his birthday and I have purchased tickets that got him $300 twice.
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8260
(Past Year: 479)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 am

bigh0rt wrote:
DbacksRback wrote:Back at it today. I had a 2 dollar one that I won, added 3 dollars leftover from lunch for a 5 dollar one:
Bought a 5$ ticket won $20 and was feeling lucky so got a 20$ ticket
With the 20$ ticket I won $50.
Decided to throw 10$ back in and won 10$ back
Decided then thats enought for the day :-b

Never heard of anybody winning this frequently... I'd tell you to go buy a lotto ticket, but well, yeah...


i suggest betting it all on a horse
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 am

BigLebowski wrote:
jfg wrote:Does anybody know anybody that's ever won more than $500?



I have an uncle who is the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to the lottery. He won $1 million in the Washington state lottery back in the late 80's. He continued to work at the job in a sawmill until an auto accident in 1993. He still play's the regular lottery every drawing and has won almost $100,000 since then. He plays $5 per drawing.

He also plays scratchers and consistently wins. My mom is the one who purchased his tickets for him since he can no longer drive so she knows how much he spends and how much he wins. As often as he wins he has only won $1000 once on scratchers, everything else is $500 or under.

I personally have never won more than $25 on a scratcher, but everyone gets him tickets for his birthday and I have purchased tickets that got him $300 twice.


Just curious how much are the tickets he usually gets for the scratchoffs? I won my 100 on a $10 one and $50 on a $20 ticket
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2874
(Past Year: 77)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 am

jfg wrote:Does anybody know anybody that's ever won more than $500?

Friend of mine from college won $600,000 on a lottery ticket.

Dan Lambskin wrote:i suggest betting it all on a horse

Going to Saratoga Race Track this weekend. ;-D ;-D
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24640
(Past Year: 814)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:55 am

DbacksRback wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:
jfg wrote:Does anybody know anybody that's ever won more than $500?



I have an uncle who is the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to the lottery. He won $1 million in the Washington state lottery back in the late 80's. He continued to work at the job in a sawmill until an auto accident in 1993. He still play's the regular lottery every drawing and has won almost $100,000 since then. He plays $5 per drawing.

He also plays scratchers and consistently wins. My mom is the one who purchased his tickets for him since he can no longer drive so she knows how much he spends and how much he wins. As often as he wins he has only won $1000 once on scratchers, everything else is $500 or under.

I personally have never won more than $25 on a scratcher, but everyone gets him tickets for his birthday and I have purchased tickets that got him $300 twice.



Just curious how much are the tickets he usually gets for the scratchoffs? I won my 100 on a $10 one and $50 on a $20 ticket


The cheapest he buys are $5 tickets. Most of his purchases are $10 tickets. He doesn't buy many of the more expensive ones, but will every once in a while
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8260
(Past Year: 479)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: Scratch-off Lottery Tickets

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
jfg wrote:Does anybody know anybody that's ever won more than $500?

Friend of mine from college won $600,000 on a lottery ticket.

Dan Lambskin wrote:i suggest betting it all on a horse

Going to Saratoga Race Track this weekend. ;-D ;-D


looks like a pretty decent card this weekend...might have to see if i can make some time to place a bet or 3 B-)
was planning to save my meager winnings from the Haskell (Monmouth) for the Travers...but that's like a month away

just checked my YTD Spires statement...i'm a whopping $+18.33 so far :-b
i did cash like 5% of a winning Derby Super but funded some losing P4's on my buddies account. considering the terrible night i had at the casino a few months back i'm probably about even for the year (i should probably keep better track of that :-B )

hopefully fantasy bases gets me well in the black
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pogotheostrich, unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Texas
(2:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(6:40 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact