New Strategy and Need Feedback, PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

New Strategy and Need Feedback, PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Strategy and Need Feedback, PLEASE!!! Thanks in advance

Postby LEVYMAN » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:04 pm

In a 12 team 5x5. Had 11th pick.

Went with this strategy.
Hitters Revenge Strategy - In this strategy you draft only hitting through the first 10 rounds of the draft. The hitters you are drafting during the first five rounds are 4 and 5 tool players. Rounds 6 through 10 you will be picking the best batters in a given category like steals or home runs, wherever you think you are the weakest. Once your offensive starters have been drafted at all offensive positions, you will then draft the best available pitchers concentrating on pitchers that have the best combination of ERA, WHIP and saves. You draft very few starting pitchers unless you see a starter with good ERA, WHIP and high strikeout total. By the 11th round you will not find many of these starting pitchers around, but if you do make sure to draft them.

Manny
Magglio
Berkman
Sexson
A. Jones
Crawford
Ensberg
Young
Rollins
Lieberthal

Durazo
C.Wilson

Moyer
Contreras
Peavy
Beuhrle
Sabathia
Leiter
Hampton
Burnett
Baez
Graves

Is my pitching staff that bad??? Waiver wire and trades mid-season could I compete?? Just want some opinions on this stratedy and how I came out.
GO REDSOX!! JETS!!!!
LEVYMAN
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cwebb » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:36 pm

Really great hitting, and I think you can compete. You lost out on stud pitchers, if you had one stud starter and one top or two very good closers, you'd be an easy early choice for #1.

But I guess, you could trade some hitting (OFs especially) to upgrade your pitching. Keep working on your team and you should have a very good chance to win it all!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby POJO_Risin » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:53 pm

Nice job...

immense offense...should dominate in that area...

decent staff as well...

You'll be able to do some things...and I think you may see someone like Sabathia step up and maybe become an ace...you got some players that could come through for you...and watch out for Buerhle...not many are talking about him...but I think he'll get you a good season...
http://thepojodojo.blogspot.com
POJO_Risin
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby trac02 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:35 pm

'nuff said about the terrific offense.

contreras will turn out to be your ace this year, and that's not so bad. but what happened to the save portion of your strategy? baez ok but i don't know that graves will hang onto his job all year. try to pick up valverde and marte immediately if they are available; i think burnett for one is a writeoff for this season unless you can DL him right now.

------
Check out my team:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=42565
trac02
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team