Razor Wars - what do you shave with? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Razor Wars - what do you shave with?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Razor Wars - what do you shave with?

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:46 pm

I suppose I'll try shaving in the shower, but I'll be damned if I use a new razor every three shaves. Or maybe I have to buy cheaper blades. I've been using the Fusion ones for a couple years. I used to shave only once a week, about two months on, two months off. So I'd have a full beard half the time. That's when I was single - it won't fly any more. Now I shave all the time (every three days as my neck rash will allow) and haven't had a beard in about a year. Damn women. I now also use the old blades to keep the nether regions tidy. The sack and under carriage are surprisingly easy to shave and don't even need shaving cream or anything. I thought it'd lead to chafing but it actually feels pretty good. And I'm not the only one who thinks so, which makes it all the more worth my while.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 pm

I used a variety of electric razors for the first ten years and I thought they all sucked. Now I use the mach3 and I can get a decent but not great shave with the biggest problem being the all the random angles of the neck. I did find that for the face the blade does a much better job. but nothing works for the neck.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 pm

The Mach 3 is fine for me but I'm almost 25 and can't come even close to growing a beard, an electric shaver would be useless to get rid of my fuzz. I shave every other day because I'd rather not look like a patchy teenager at work.

The new razors they bring out constantly are marketing gimmicks to me. The Mach 3 seems like too much of a staple to get cut anytime soon.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I'm almost 25 and can't come even close to growing a beard

Believe me, this is a blessing. I envy you.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:51 pm

knapplc wrote:

This is true, no interest in growing a beard ever, but wouldn't mind not being patchy. An even distribution of peach fuzz would be nice.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:19 am

Skin Blues wrote:I suppose I'll try shaving in the shower, but I'll be damned if I use a new razor every three shaves. Or maybe I have to buy cheaper blades. I've been using the Fusion ones for a couple years. I used to shave only once a week, about two months on, two months off. So I'd have a full beard half the time. That's when I was single - it won't fly any more. Now I shave all the time (every three days as my neck rash will allow) and haven't had a beard in about a year. Damn women. I now also use the old blades to keep the nether regions tidy. The sack and under carriage are surprisingly easy to shave and don't even need shaving cream or anything. I thought it'd lead to chafing but it actually feels pretty good. And I'm not the only one who thinks so, which makes it all the more worth my while.

See, I've always figured that it's best to err on the side of caution when dealing with the nethers, so the extra couple minutes are worth it. The next couple hours are a bitch, though...

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
knapplc wrote:

This is true, no interest in growing a beard ever, but wouldn't mind not being patchy. An even distribution of peach fuzz would be nice.

Agreed. Most people agree that I look my best with 5 o'clock shadow, but the problem is that it takes me about 5 days to grow it. And then after that it lasts about a day or two before my face becomes noticeably patchy. It's about a 10 day cycle where I go from looking 17 to 30 to 17 again.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby ayebatter » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:42 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
ayebatter wrote:Gillette Custom Plus Pivot ............. Damn I look good. ;-)

Bet you leave a little landing strip just to point the way.
Am I right?

A Huey helicopter don't need no damn landing strip. :-b
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1267)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 pm

I have the same Mach 3 that I've had for almost 13 years now. If I remember correctly, I got it around Christmas 1997 for free from someplace that was giving them away as demos and I haven't looked back. I've tried a few electrics but have always been disappointed in the results. Maybe they work better for people whose facial hair isn't as thick, but I hated them. I'm also in the camp that doesn't like to shave, so I pretty much do it as infrequently as possible. Save for a nine-month period that I stopped shaving/trimming all of my facial hair entirely and had an absolutely glorious, robust, full beard the likes of which the world has seldom seen, I've rocked a goatee and sideburns since I was 15. Been thinking about growing the beard back for winter though.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I have the same Mach 3 that I've had for almost 13 years now. If I remember correctly, I got it around Christmas 1997 for free from someplace that was giving them away as demos and I haven't looked back. I've tried a few electrics but have always been disappointed in the results. Maybe they work better for people whose facial hair isn't as thick, but I hated them. I'm also in the camp that doesn't like to shave, so I pretty much do it as infrequently as possible. Save for a nine-month period that I stopped shaving/trimming all of my facial hair entirely and had an absolutely glorious, robust, full beard the likes of which the world has seldom seen, I've rocked a goatee and sideburns since I was 15. Been thinking about growing the beard back for winter though.

Nice - I've had mine for around somewhere the same length of time. I know I've used it forever and when having to use something else, it just isn't as comfortable. Yeah, it'd be a dream to have to only shave a couple of times a week. :-L
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk