Return to General Talk

Tosh.0

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tosh.0

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Metroid wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I lurve tosh.0, and I watch it every chance I get. ;-D

Yeah me too, sometimes it's flat out stupid, even then it's pretty funny. I might get tix to see his standup here in November.

His stand up is way better than the show, of course.

It's the rampant stupidity and off-the-wall comments that crack me up. Random = funny in my book. :-)

Absolutely. He has an extremely self-deprecating, but at the same time confident style of humor that I like.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 am

I really like it. There is at least one time an episode where I laugh out loud. It isn't anything great but it is funny.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:29 am

There are some things that are absolute gold. Typically when he is racist (Is It Racist?), sexist (Women vs Men), or uses his fanbase for jokes he is at his best.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:59 pm

oh man... that college degree part got me
that's so wrong
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:28 pm

On one hand I'm kinda unimpressed that half his job is the equivalent to surfing Youtube and commenting on videos, but on the other hand he's absolutely hilarious. So it's a net gain.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/ind ... -political (Madison, if you're reading this post, don't click)

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Tavish wrote:There are some things that are absolute gold. Typically when he is racist (Is It Racist?), sexist (Women vs Men), or uses his fanbase for jokes he is at his best.

The bit where he had fans change the Wikipedia page for the show brought me the tears it was so funny.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:42 pm

I love this show. Excellent writing and content selection.

Has anyone else noticed that Daniel Tosh's hair went from receding and thin to full and luxurious over the course of two years? He must have paid a visit to Dr. Bosley.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Tavish wrote:There are some things that are absolute gold. Typically when he is racist (Is It Racist?), sexist (Women vs Men), or uses his fanbase for jokes he is at his best.

The bit where he had fans change the Wikipedia page for the show brought me the tears it was so funny.

Yeah that was the one that comes to mind first. Another great fan interaction one was the surprise trust falls.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

is it standard business to compare ratings from a show thats on once a week to those that are on every night?

i would expect a show thats only on once a week to have much higher ratings than something that i can go to every night. if i know jon stewart is on every night..i can miss it whenever and just catch it the next day. but if im into a show thats only on Wed night...i make it a point to watch it then

seems like its an unfair comparison. id actually say if the daily show gets 2 mil viewers every night...thats a whole lot better than thsi show getting 2.2 mil one night
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am

shawngee03 wrote:is it standard business to compare ratings from a show thats on once a week to those that are on every night?

i would expect a show thats only on once a week to have much higher ratings than something that i can go to every night. if i know jon stewart is on every night..i can miss it whenever and just catch it the next day. but if im into a show thats only on Wed night...i make it a point to watch it then

seems like its an unfair comparison. id actually say if the daily show gets 2 mil viewers every night...thats a whole lot better than thsi show getting 2.2 mil one night

Look, sensationalist media can't be sensationalist if you keep presenting logical arguments!

Now be quiet and be amazed by this show!
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk