Brian Roberts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brian Roberts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brian Roberts

Postby elvis1074 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:38 pm

From Rotoworld:

Brian Roberts (back) is set to begin a minor league rehab assignment Monday with the Gulf Coast League Orioles.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A pleasant surprise. Roberts resumed full baseball activities in late June and is eligible to return from the 60-day disabled list at any time. He will probably spend at least 10 days in the minor leagues, though, given the fact that he has not played in a big league game since April 9.

I drafted Roberts and have held him the entire time. I had just read, literally 2 minutes before this report that there was no plan yet and I nearly dropped him. This news made my day. I have been looking to add speed at MI and this is perfect. I shouldn't be this happy :-)
elvis1074
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brian Roberts

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:04 pm

Great news. He's a FA in my 10 team league, where I'm currently start Barmes. I think I'll make a move for him. Thanks for the update.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Pushing to attempt a weekend return:

Brian Roberts (herniated disc in his lower back) is pushing to return sooner rather than later from the 60-day DL. He wants to return this weekend, according to MLB.com. He went 3 for 5 with a double and a run scored Tuesday night and 1 for 4 with an RBI single as the DH on Wednesday afternoon. He will take Thursday off and be re-evaluated by the organization's medical staff before a return date is announced.

http://ogfbliv.baseball.cbssports.com/p ... ews/223690

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 am

activated.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates