DaSh 1s wrote:YO DONT TASE ME BRO

;-D ;-D
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 3B the rest of the way

Postby skjelstrom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 am

Is Aramis worth the risk of raking in the second half. I was thinking of selling my 3B in Beltre for an upgrade and trusting Aramis to hold down the fort..... But I'm kinda scared to trust him after his terribleness..... this could just be a hot streak. Anyone have any insight?
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 am

skjelstrom wrote:Is Aramis worth the risk of raking in the second half. I was thinking of selling my 3B in Beltre for an upgrade and trusting Aramis to hold down the fort..... But I'm kinda scared to trust him after his terribleness..... this could just be a hot streak. Anyone have any insight?

Wait... your scared of trusting Aramis's hot streak BUT not afraid of Beltre's hot streak [after 2 years of ABSOLUTE SUCKITUDE].......? Wow. :-?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby skjelstrom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:41 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
skjelstrom wrote:Is Aramis worth the risk of raking in the second half. I was thinking of selling my 3B in Beltre for an upgrade and trusting Aramis to hold down the fort..... But I'm kinda scared to trust him after his terribleness..... this could just be a hot streak. Anyone have any insight?

Wait... your scared of trusting Aramis's hot streak BUT not afraid of Beltre's hot streak [after 2 years of ABSOLUTE SUCKITUDE].......? Wow. :-?

Well Beltre's has been half a seasons worth and always seems to make a deal with the devil in his contract year, so I expect him to slow but not a HUGE slow. Aramis's has only been about a two week streak. It's easier to trust a couple months over a couple weeks....
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby jsphlly » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:53 am

I traded Beltre a LONG time ago for Aramis. To this point it's been a loss for me, but from today on, I'd rather go with Aramis.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ayebatter » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 am

ayebatter wrote:
Montana168 wrote:Of course, setting aside season-ending injuries. A-rod could go out and break his leg tomorrow and sandoval will have the better 2nd half because he's on the field, and vice versa. Sandoval's power ceiling (25-30 HR) is A-rod's floor. !+)

Projecting plate appearances is an important part of the numbers, if you don't, you'll be left holding the bag on a a great player who's losing at bats.

Sandoval hasn't done much to hold up his end since this thread started, but Arod just couldn't pass up some DL time.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby thatguy27 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Padsin05 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:I think I'd have to put Wright at #1 for his all around category contributions, but Longo is close a close second. I don't expect Longo to maintain his SB pace and his AVG will likely be a bit lower than Wright's, but their other numbers should be comparable across the board. For some reason, I have never trusted Youk, but for completely irrational reasons - I hate his batting stance and his facial hair, really I just hate how he looks. But from a rational point of view, he also historically performs significantly worse in the second half, so, my rankings would be something like this:

why do you hate every day american white guys?

Youk looks more like a skinhead to me than an "every day American white guy". Again, it's completely irrational, I just hate how he looks. Every time I see his face, I get angry.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 pm

ayebatter wrote:"1s" (never realized what that sounded like, interesting don't ya think)

you're more than welcome to keep track for the rest of the season, here's day 1:

Alex Rodriguez 1/4 1rbi
Pablo Sandoval 3/4 3rbi 1r

Just to update, since July 18, 2010.

A-Rod
13 Home Runs
45 RBIS
24 Runs
.282/.339/.559 898 OPS

Pablo
23 Runs
6 Home Runs
34 RBIs
23 Runs
.248/.298/.371 .668 OPS

ayebatter wrote:Projecting plate appearances is an important part of the numbers, if you don't, you'll be left holding the bag on a a great player who's losing at bats.

So not only did A-Rod out produce Sandoballs. He did it with a 15 day DL stint, and while Pablo turned himself into a bench player.
Whelp, that was

ayebatter wrote:but don't pay any attention to me, 'cause my teams are getting hammered this year

!+)
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers