Please rank these 3 prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Please rank these 3 prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rank these 3 prospects

Postby karlc989 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:16 am

Pedro Alvarez
Kyle Gibson
Michael Pineda

I was offered a trade where I would be giving up Alvarez for Pineda. It is a keeper league.
karlc989
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rank these 3 prospects

Postby mblax10 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:48 pm

I sure hope there's more to the trade Alvarez is easily a top 10 prospect for the next couple of weeks that he keeps prospect status. Gibson is having a nice year and bouncing back to what people expected last spring. He'd make most top 100 lists and a lot of top 50s. Pineda has some helium this year after breezing through AA. He looks like a legit power pitching prospect and may take Cliff Lee's spot in the rotation. He's probably not too far behind Gibson, but riskier.

Looks like the other guy is trying to throw hot prospects at you for your struggling prospect. Never a good idea. With prospects, it's even more important to stick with talent. It's not like Gibson or Pineda's next start will improve your stats. Unlikely Alvarez is in your current lineup.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Please rank these 3 prospects

Postby BoBtheMule » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:37 am

I agree with mblax's sentiment but I will say I'm not a big believer in Alvarez... I've just not seen the body of work over his career that makes me think he's nothing more than Russell Branyan.

I'd want more than Pineda or Gibson... but I wouldn't need much more to sell Alvarez.

Bob
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball