Should Your Car Test if You've Been Drinking? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Should Your Car Test if You've Been Drinking?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Should Your Car Test if You've Been Drinking?

Postby kab21 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:33 am

I'm all for getting drunks off the road but this isn't the answer. Unfortunately I don't know what the answer is.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:30 am

Drunk driving is bad.

This is not the solution (cost, the questionable legality, the accuracy of breath test machines, ect...).
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Metroid wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
Metroid wrote:If a drunk wants to drive drunk he's going to find a way. My friends douchebag brother had to have a breathalyzer installed in his vehicle after a DUII conviction. He had a 6 foot length of garden hose he carried around in the back of his truck, he would hook the hose up to the breathalyzer and blow through it. He could start his truck every time.

If it wasn't so deplorable, I'd say it was pure genius...

I know right?

There's a pretty sweet service here in Portland (I'm sure they have it other places), where you can call up and they will pick your drunk ass up and drive your car and you home.

Around here we have a service like this called Safe Ride. You call, they pick you up, take you home, for free.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
If it wasn't so deplorable, I'd say it was pure genius...

I know right?

There's a pretty sweet service here in Portland (I'm sure they have it other places), where you can call up and they will pick your drunk ass up and drive your car and you home.

Around here we have a service like this called Safe Ride. You call, they pick you up, take you home, for free.

Yeah they have that here too, the difference between that and the service I'm talking about is that with this one they actually get your car home for you. When you park downtown here it's pretty much impossible to leave your car anywhere overnight.

I actually took advantage of the service on Friday night. I was parked in a paid lot but the car would have had to be moved by 7am, no way in hell I'd have been up by 7am. Then some friends were like "dude, tomorrow is Sunday! You can leave it on the street till whenever and pick it up when you wake up." So a sober friend moved the car to the street and luckily his girlfriend realized it was actually Friday night not Saturday night, my car would have been towed for sure. Anyway, we called the service up and they were there in about 30 minutes. Pretty sweet, it was like 17 bucks. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:03 pm

I have a better solution.

Instead of the car not starting if you're drunk, I think if the driver is drunk, then the seat-belt should not fasten. I'm sick and tired of reading these articles about a drunk driver crossing a the center line and taking out a van full of children, killing everybody in the van, only to walk away from their own vehicle because they were wearing a seat-belt. If you want to drive drunk, fine. It's against the law, and you're an idiot, but w/ this new method, we can ensure that a vast majority of idiots that drive drunk and hit something, only do it once.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Metroid wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Metroid wrote:I know right?

Yeah they have that here too, the difference between that and the service I'm talking about is that with this one they actually get your car home for you. When you park downtown here it's pretty much impossible to leave your car anywhere overnight.

I actually took advantage of the service on Friday night. I was parked in a paid lot but the car would have had to be moved by 7am, no way in hell I'd have been up by 7am. Then some friends were like "dude, tomorrow is Sunday! You can leave it on the street till whenever and pick it up when you wake up." So a sober friend moved the car to the street and luckily his girlfriend realized it was actually Friday night not Saturday night, my car would have been towed for sure. Anyway, we called the service up and they were there in about 30 minutes. Pretty sweet, it was like 17 bucks. ;-D

You guys must've been pretty lit :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:02 pm

woodson_28 wrote:Instead of the car not starting if you're drunk, I think if the driver is drunk, then a big fist should come through the dashboard and punch them in the crotch.

FYP
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:43 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Around here we have a service like this called Safe Ride. You call, they pick you up, take you home, for free.

It was my girls 30th so yeah we were pretty lit. I actually don't remember much of the above story, it was pretty much told to me the next day.

Oh yeah, going to the strip club with a bunch of girls is just about the best thing you can do. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 am

Metroid wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah they have that here too, the difference between that and the service I'm talking about is that with this one they actually get your car home for you. When you park downtown here it's pretty much impossible to leave your car anywhere overnight.

It was my girls 30th so yeah we were pretty lit. I actually don't remember much of the above story, it was pretty much told to me the next day.

Oh yeah, going to the strip club with a bunch of girls is just about the best thing you can do. :-D

pics O:-)

disclaimer: i would imagine going to the strip club with my wife would NOT be fun...i'd probably get the 3rd degree (maybe even 4th degree) after she saw what can go on there
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:03 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:pics O:-)

disclaimer: i would imagine going to the strip club with my wife would NOT be fun...i'd probably get the 3rd degree (maybe even 4th degree) after she saw what can go on there

Wife FAIL. :-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk