Peavy - detached lat - Probably done for season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Peavy - detached lat - Probably done for season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Peavy?

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 pm

^@%$# !!

The vultures are already circling as I have already been offered Pineiro for Jay Bruce. I expect more offers to follow...

This blows.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Peavy - detached lat - Probably done for season

Postby jackie hayes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Btw, officially done for the season, surgery next week. Just listening before the game -- they weren't sure if he'd be ready by spring training, they said he should be throwing by then, but they didn't know if that meant ready to pitch.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Re: Peavy - detached lat - Probably done for season

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:32 am

According to the White Sox' official website, "Wednesday's surgery to repair a detached latissimus dorsi muscle in Jake Peavy's right posterior shoulder at Rush University Medical Center could not have gone any better, according to the White Sox. The surgery, performed by a team of surgeons from Midwest Orthopedics, led by Tony Romeo and Greg Nicholson and assisted by Charles Bush-Joseph, revealed a clean avulsion of the tendon off the bone with little or no muscle damage. "That's the best news on Jake," said White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper, who spoke to Peavy via text message on Wednesday night. "He's going to be back with the club as soon as possible. It's very promising news that he may be back with us by the next Spring Training."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates