Trades you've made this year that.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trades you've made this year that..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trades you've made this year that..

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:53 pm

What are some of the trades that yall have made this year that, at this point and time, may be the reason your team is sitting in a good position? But at the time you were doubting a bit if you should have made the deal or not?

My big one is: 18team h2h points based keeper (keep 5 year to year):

I Gave: Matt Garza, Lance Berkman, Pablo Sandoval
I Got: Ryan Zimmerman, Cliff Lee, Billy Butler

This trade has been huge, especially with Berkman's off/injured year, but more so with the huge struggles of Pablo and the recent struggles of Garza, ontop of the fact that Lee has been huge, Zimmerman has been great and is usually a better 2nd half player.

So what are some of the deals that have sprung your squad to the top, or at least helping your squad make that push to the top?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trades you've made this year that..

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Lind, Valverde and Latos for Adrian Gonzalez. I got A-Gon and he's been on fire. Lind has sucked and I didn't need either pitcher. I am now up in my division by 20 games and should coast to a bye in the playoffs and at least a share of the money.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jh2031 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:34 pm

I made two pretty solid trades that made a weakness a strentgh. In a 16 team league, I gave Wade Davis and got Jose Bautista. Also gave up Jeff Niemann for Neftali Feliz. At the time, I really didn't want to give up Niemann but i'm in first by a good margain because of that trade.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:47 pm

(12 teamer)Get Ricky Nolasco, gave Adam Lind.

(14 teamer)Get Matt Kemp, gave Victorino, Liriano, Lilly, Buchholz.
^Im still super pumped to have Kemp. Had pitching to spare and Victorino's production at bottom of lineup was worrying me. Plus three free roster spots to play the wire with in the beginning of the season before it becomes bone dry :-L Kemp Hanley Cano Votto Ubaldo all on one team in 14 team league. Yes I been in first most of the year.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:06 pm

12 Team H2H:
Sent Evan Longoria, Francisco Liriano, and Scott Podsednik for Carl Crawford, Jon Lester, and Carlos Lee.

This was a trade made on my drafting Ryan Zimmerman and being comfortable sliding him to 3B and having Billy Butler as my every day Util player (Votto at 1B). Having to rotate one of them out every day was really tough, and my team really lacked a true Ace. Lee has been relatively useful, Lester and Crawford have both been animals, so I'm pretty happy with it. It has me sitting first in my division, despite my record only being good enough for 4th Place in the opposing division. H2H is fun, eh? :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:40 pm

I got rid of David Wright and Jacoby Ellsbury for Tim Lincecum and Pablo Sandoval. I guess its been kind of a wash :-?
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Padsin05 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:45 pm

I gave Mcgehee and Bay for Prince on May 30th ;-D
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 pm

On the other side of the coin...

I gave Wainwright for Tulo in Week 1. I would've had a rotation of Halladay, Ubaldo, WW... :-L
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby chargerss24 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 pm

12-team roto (standard stat + OBP/Holds) keeper league.

I trade Jake Peavy for Kevin Gregg. Since the trade, Peavy has pitched like the Peavy of old. Ooops. !+)

Then I move Gregg/Angel Pagan/Johan Santana for David Price. Santana scares me, he's pitching again like he did last year before he went on the DL. I'm not looking back on this trade.

Had Peavy and Santana pitch like they were capable of, I would have had them along with Zack Greinke and Ubaldo Jiminez. :-L
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 am

bazzy_51 wrote:What are some of the trades that yall have made this year that, at this point and time, may be the reason your team is sitting in a good position?

Cafe league.Three team trade made in February before we submitted our keepers from the previous year:

Team A gets: K.Morales/N.Feliz/Figgins
Team B gets: McLouth/Beltran
I get: Scherzer

I gave McLouth and got Scherzer. The thing that has made this trade a winner for me is not how awesome Scherzer has been for the last 5 weeks, but the fact that I was able to curse another team with Nate McLouth. If I still had him I would no doubt have started him every day, and he would have stunk up one of my OF spots. Then I would have benched him in May sometime, so I would have had BOTH Beckham and McLouth just sitting on my bench virtually unusable. While McLouth was clogging up that roster spot, I may have missed out on picking up Andres Torres and/or Sean Rodriguez. So it's not what I got, it's what I didn't get. ;-D ;-D ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers