All star teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All star teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All star teams

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Votto not getting in is ridiculous, and Infante is a joke.. but i now think Weaver is the biggest snub. what more was he supposed to do? 2.82 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 124 K in 108.2 IP, leading ALL of baseball.
Clay Buccholtz was not able to make it because he recently went on the DL, giving NY manager Joe Girardi another chance to pick someone else. failed again, this time selecting Andy Pettitte. no disrespect to Pettitte who is having a great season, but the frickin all star game is in Los Angeles. Weaver should be on that team!

i dont know what all the players stats are for WAR/FIP/xFIP but i wouldnt expect managers to take the time to look up those numbers. sometimes i wonder if they even know the simple numbers available on yahoo.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skjelstrom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:19 pm

I hope Infante hits a grand slam just in spite of all the criticism.
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 103)

Postby thedude » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:Votto not getting in is ridiculous, and Infante is a joke.. but i now think Weaver is the biggest snub. what more was he supposed to do? 2.82 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, 124 K in 108.2 IP, leading ALL of baseball.
Clay Buccholtz was not able to make it because he recently went on the DL, giving NY manager Joe Girardi another chance to pick someone else. failed again, this time selecting Andy Pettitte. no disrespect to Pettitte who is having a great season, but the frickin all star game is in Los Angeles. Weaver should be on that team!

i dont know what all the players stats are for WAR/FIP/xFIP but i wouldnt expect managers to take the time to look up those numbers. sometimes i wonder if they even know the simple numbers available on yahoo.

Well Pettitte is 10-2 and a 2.82 ERA, while Weaver has 8 wins and the same era. When the stats (that a manager will actually look at) are so close, the manager will choose his own guy. The manager could care less where the game is played.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby BleachPreach » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 pm

wrveres wrote:the padres have been in first place all year long, and have one all star. they have the best pitching staff in the game, and not one of them was worthy. soo figures.

NO Love for Latos....

Mat Latos went into this season a hopeful youngster with the weight of the city on his shoulders. He is Jake Peavy’s replacement. Big shoes to fill in San Diego. But the pitchers park and wicked stuff has granted Latos much success. In yahoo fantasy rankings he is in the top 5 NL pitchers and top 7 pitchers in the MLB. This is due to his insane numbers this first half. 11 quality stars, 9 wins, 91K’s in 99.2 innings pitched, a 2.62 era, and a 0.96whip. The 6′6″ righty has been lights out. He does not even have a chance for the last chance fan voting. The NL staff is strong, but it does not dismiss the fact the man deserves to be on the team. He will be a great pitcher, and is finally getting the exposure that he deserves. The managers on both sides need to start making decisions that will help out their team, and not just who they like. On the other side of the field, Girardi made some outlandish decisions, like CC Sabathia,Trevor Cahill and Fausto Carmona on the AL staff. For one, Andy Petitte deserves the appearance over CC, and they are on the same staff. Cahill happens to be the only healthy A with any kind of ability and, as for Carmona, nobody on Cleveland can play, so that kind of rationalizes it. Never the less managers, players and fans need to get out of the ESPN tunnel vision and see where the true talent lies.

bleacherpreachers.com
BleachPreach
T-Ball Trainer

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 pm

while we are on the reds.. how about brandon phillips? batting over .300, 11 hr, 12 steals (i think, don't want to look it up right now) also, a ton of sweet plays in the field.. i know that doesn't mean he's the best fielder, but that flashy stuff is all-star game material..

Omar?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:58 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:while we are on the reds.. how about brandon phillips? batting over .300, 11 hr, 12 steals (i think, don't want to look it up right now) also, a ton of sweet plays in the field.. i know that doesn't mean he's the best fielder, but that flashy stuff is all-star game material..

Omar?

haha.. scratch that.. B-Phil is on the team. ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Weaver in ;-D Pettitte in :-t Liriano still out %-6

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Padsin05 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Bell In finally Padres have a pitching rep
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 am

The whole so called All Star thing is a joke . Popularity contest . Voting shouldn't be done by the fans because this is what happens. I also think voting should be done for two weeks and two weeks only. Last week of June and first week of July. Should be completed about 7-10 days before the game.
I also don't like having each team represented. Omar Infante? When guys like Votto aren't there? His resume will say he made an all star team . He'll look like a stud. Who gives a rats a$#.
Think I'll be watching something else.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 193)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am

Surfs up wrote:The whole so called All Star thing is a joke . Popularity contest . Voting shouldn't be done by the fans because this is what happens. I also think voting should be done for two weeks and two weeks only. Last week of June and first week of July. Should be completed about 7-10 days before the game.
I also don't like having each team represented. Omar Infante? When guys like Votto aren't there? His resume will say he made an all star team . He'll look like a stud. Who gives a rats a$#.
Think I'll be watching something else.

Your argument doesn't make sense. You are saying that Omar Infante making it is a reason why each team shouldn't be represented, but that has nothing to do with why he is there. McCann also made the team, so Infante clearly isn't there just so they have a representative from the Braves.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers