brandon webb? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

brandon webb?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

brandon webb?

Postby PensSteelersBucs » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Anybody know if he is coming back anytime soon?

I'm thinkin about dropping him and picking up Brian Roberts for my DL spot. I'm very weak at 2b with only Aaron Hill, and I've got strong pitching. Is this a good idea? Who is supposed to come back first?
10 Team H2H
C:Santana
1:Howard
2:Kelly Johnson
3:Michael Young
SS:Hanley Ramirez
OF:Kemp
Ethier
Ellsbury
UTIL:Stubbs
B:Hunter
Bloomquist

SP:Lester
Kershaw
Jonathon Sanchez
RP:Marmol
RP:Hanrahan
RP:Fuentes
P:Walden
B:Dempster
G Gonzalez
CJ Wilson
Beckett
PensSteelersBucs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: brandon webb?

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm pretty sure that Brian Robert's status is still very hazy. He may not even come back this year. I haven't read too much on him. Webb is throwing off a mound, but will need an extensive assignment before he's ready. I figure Webb will probably only give you 2 months. Good if you need pitching come playoffs.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:53 am

I am fully prepared for Brandon Webb to be the horse that carries me through the Fantasy playoffs.. ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby uhhhjboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if both don't come back this year. If Webb does come back it's probably for the last couple weeks of the season, barring anymore setbacks. No idea what's going on with Roberts, though
uhhhjboy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaSh 1s » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:43 am

uhhhjboy wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if both don't come back this year. If Webb does come back it's probably for the last couple weeks of the season, barring anymore setbacks. No idea what's going on with Roberts, though

Maybe you should have a idea on Roberts before you declare him out for the season, eh?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Larsjam » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:24 pm

I doubt Webb will be back, and even if he does make it....he probably wont be anything like his former self. I heard he had to change the angle of his arm in his release due to his injuries and who knows what that will do to his pitches.....
C: S Perez
1B: Gonzo
2B: Cano
3B: Aramis
SS: Hanley
CI: Goldschmidt
MI: Craig
OF: McCutch Rios DeAza BJ
Util: Morales
BN: Harper Davis Machado
SP: Stras Gallardo Shields Moore Fister Buchholz Billingsly
RP: Hanrahan Perez Holland

DL: Ortiz Griffin Bailey
Larsjam
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby woodson_28 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:10 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
uhhhjboy wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if both don't come back this year. If Webb does come back it's probably for the last couple weeks of the season, barring anymore setbacks. No idea what's going on with Roberts, though

Maybe you should have a idea on Roberts before you declare him out for the season, eh?

Never said the would be out for the year, just said that it wouldn't surprise me. Also, at the time of the post (JUNE 30), Webb was on the mound throwing pitches and Roberts was just sitting in a dugout doing NOTHING. Why not gamble on the guy actually doing baseball activities?

I guess it's easier to take your position and just wait until one of them gets off the DL, and then answer the question. Hey, after they draw the winning lottery numbers tonight, maybe I should contact you and ask you what #'s to play if I want to win.

Moron.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaSh 1s » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 pm

woodson_28 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

Never said the would be out for the year, just said that it wouldn't surprise me. Also, at the time of the post (JUNE 30), Webb was on the mound throwing pitches and Roberts was just sitting in a dugout doing NOTHING. Why not gamble on the guy actually doing baseball activities?

I guess it's easier to take your position and just wait until one of them gets off the DL, and then answer the question. Hey, after they draw the winning lottery numbers tonight, maybe I should contact you and ask you what #'s to play if I want to win.

Moron.

Hi,

On Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm uhhhjboy wrote:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if both don't come back this year.No idea what's going on with Roberts, though

DaSh 1s wrote:Maybe you should have a idea on Roberts before you declare him out for the season, eh?

July 15...
Brian Roberts (back) started at second base and went 2-for-3 in his latest minor league rehab game with the GCL Orioles on Wednesday.
Roberts is now 7-for-9 over his first three rehab games. He is expected to play a couple more games with the GCL club before moving on to Double-A Bowie. With his return expected later this month, it might be time to comb your waiver wire to see if he is still available.
Source: Baltimor

Thanks for trying ;-D It's OK. I understand.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 am

Please

Don't cry instigating and come back with an asshat reply.

Nom nom nom
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 773)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates