Tiger's Divorce Settlement... Holy Crap! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tiger's Divorce Settlement... Holy Crap!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tiger's Divorce Settlement... Holy Crap!

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Plus, it's not like she didn't have the money before. The only difference now is that she can do what she wants with it but I don't think her lifestyle is going to change other than she won't be married to a guy who was cheating on her. It's one thing if a divorce happens and it's clear the woman was just out for the money the whole time but that's not the case here.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:
jfg wrote:
Why? You think she's wrong for saying Tiger shouldn't have been cheating on her? Tiger's not the victim here and when you cheat with that much money you better be prepared to pay the price. Your comment is vague though so maybe that's not what you meant to say.

I'm pretty sure that he is commenting on how it's hard to feel sorry for a woman who just got 750 million dollars dumped in her lap. Sure she's the victim but she's a victim worth 750 dollars....I'd voluntarily be the "victim" of a lot of things for that kind of coin. :-B

At the same time, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't take any amount of money for their marriage to be over and to have it be public knowledge that they were cheated on with like 20 women.

Why? It's not their fault their partner is a cheating turd. I wouldn't give a crap who knew it, it doesn't reflect on me. People get too hung up on being "embarrassed" because their spouse is a dumbass. It's not my fault my wife sucks.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm pretty sure that he is commenting on how it's hard to feel sorry for a woman who just got 750 million dollars dumped in her lap. Sure she's the victim but she's a victim worth 750 dollars....I'd voluntarily be the "victim" of a lot of things for that kind of coin. :-B

At the same time, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't take any amount of money for their marriage to be over and to have it be public knowledge that they were cheated on with like 20 women.

Why? It's not their fault their partner is a cheating turd. I wouldn't give a crap who knew it, it doesn't reflect on me. People get too hung up on being "embarrassed" because their spouse is a dumbass. It's not my fault my wife sucks.

The embarrassment is only part of it. Part of that statement is the implication that they actually got cheated on by their spouse with all those people. Getting cheated on sucks: I've been there. As for people knowing, I'm a big proponent of the fact that private lives should be private, so it was mostly about being annoyed that everyone would know my business.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Metroid wrote: It's not my fault my wife sucks.

Wouldn't it be nice if a man could stand up in court, say that to a judge, and get summary dismissal of whatever charges she's brought against him?
scottaa1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if a man could stand up in court, say that to a judge, and get summary dismissal of whatever charges she's brought against him?

It absolutely would. ;-D

And again, who the F cares who knows? It's not my fault my wife is a whore, it's not her fault her husband is a cheating douchebag either. I've been cheated on too, and yeah it does suck, but it isn't my fault and I'm not going to feel bad or embarrassed about it. In fact I felt better letting everyone I knew that my ex was a cheating whore. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Metroid wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:

It absolutely would. ;-D

And again, who the F cares who knows? It's not my fault my wife is a whore, it's not her fault her husband is a cheating douchebag either. I've been cheated on too, and yeah it does suck, but it isn't my fault and I'm not going to feel bad or embarrassed about it. In fact I felt better letting everyone I knew that my ex was a cheating whore. :-D

I agree that you shouldn't really feel embarrassed that someone is a cheating whore. That said, I'm not sure I agree that you shouldn't (at least briefly) feel bad about it. My original point was that we shouldn't call this woman lucky or say we don't feel bad for her or anything like that, because at the end of the day, she still did get betrayed and her marriage fell apart.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 am

urbanbreez wrote:I find it very difficult to feel bad for this woman.

This^

Yeah but she's good at it.

ZING!
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 am

AussieDodger wrote:

Yeah but she's good at it.

ZING!

I was beginning to lose faith, I couldn't have teed that one up any better. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:42 pm

I must have missed where she was knocking down those 20 foot putts to win Majors... $200 million wouldn't have been enough? :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I must have missed where she was knocking down those 20 foot putts to win Majors... $200 million wouldn't have been enough? :-°

Their prenup limited her to $55 million dollars.

Gives you an idea of how bad this is for Tiger. X-I
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk