Commissioner Empowerment - System Complete - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Commissioner Empowerment - System Complete

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Commissioner Empowerment - System Complete

Postby caskam » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey guys,

I would like to say that I've built a fabulous league with Proboards and ESPN as the scoring site. I am prepping for the MCAT and Medical School applications and hate to close down the league. The game is currently running, I had planned on recruiting during the winter when the Owners that came in would have things to do and invest themselves.

I suppose what I'm asking is I'd like to take a load off my shoulders as someone made sure owners were active/replace them. They would have transactions to update on the master roster file...and I would give them the power over the league. I would be looking for a team of say 3ish guys to make this happen and build for the future. If you would like to do so...please apply. I will be selective for merits.

This is the perfect opportunity to run a league system that is nearly perfected and I can even give you suggestions from my NBA league that I have done a similar Commissioner Empowerment for. The NBA league has had over 83K hits since January this year!!!! The system is that good and addicting.

20 teams - 60man rosters (40 start)
Salary cap
Yearly Rookie draft
Unique Dynasty Income system
Unique FA options (Team/Player Options)
All nearly flawless but needs slight polishing is all.

I can consult and let you see the NBA and MLB leagues for those interested in the job!

http://mockmlb.proboards.com/
http://frogmanv.proboards.com/

Email me with applications at
frogmanv@gmail.com

**I'd appreciate if this thread stayed here rather than classifieds - and being buried***
caskam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Commissioner Empowerment - System Complete

Postby bigmck » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Hate to disappoint you but your idea of "The Best Fantasy League Ever" is not quite that. Have you ever thought of trying a league with regular rules? You might get someone to take it over for you.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Postby caskam » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks bigmck! For the insight... but that wouldn't make sense now would it? Let's see A) i have the league completely setup B) a few owners and a league ready to go just need someone to run it. C) If i were to simply take your suggestion I might as well have not posted about getting a commissioner FOR MY LEAGUE now would it?

Thanks for the help though. If you are satisfied with yearly redrafts and lack of talent assessment...20man rosters with restrictive categories...you do that. If you want to run a dynasty league that is top notch... let me know.
caskam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bigmck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:01 am

I would like to ask a few questions about Dynasty. -- I have played Fantasy BB along time (20 years). I have always played with the traditional 23 man rosters and maybe a couple Minor Leaguers. I have played both Keeper and Single Season. This gives everyone a chance to improve from a bad season and build their team for next year. == With Dynasty, you Draft a deep roster (I believe yours is 40 MLB and 20 Minors). If this year, my team just sucks, how am I supposed to improve next year when every player is taken? I just never have understood this part of Dynasty. It seems if there is no chance for improvement, the Owner turnover would be very great. Am I pretty much on target? Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Postby caskam » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

No you would be incorrect. Players have contracts 5yr max...you have a salary cap.. if you suck you have better odds in a lottery to get the top amatuer draft pick overall ...like the nationals or tampa bay. So through solid work/talent assessment/money management /and the better amature picks - your team will probably be capable of turn around with in a couple years if you REALLY suck. Also injuries may bring down the top teams (mine currently....but with Happ, Clay....etc. It's a points league not a cats league...thus evens the playing field and frees up owners to enjoy a certain style of players on their teams....

I run an exactly similar NBA league... I had to recruit a few waves of owner but now i have 20 high quality owners that are in it for the long haul! It's a blast..most fulfilling league any of the owners have ever been a part of!

I just can't run both the leagues on my own.
caskam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mkultra » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 am

Let me get this straight- you want someone to take over running your league- all the administrative headaches and whatnot? Why on earth would I want to babysit a league I'm not playing in?

caskam wrote:**I'd appreciate if this thread stayed here rather than classifieds - and being buried***

That's not a reason to post in the wrong forum. YOU ARE NOT A SPECIAL FLOWER. :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby caskam » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:37 pm

No you get a team in the league ....that's obvious and essential... Again, destructive rather than constructive.

So, no, You didn't get it straight.

Sure you would run it with me and perhaps another co commish (I have 3 commish in my 20tm NBA...we just share duties..do it as we please).

The deal is, I've already got the league running with all the rules written for the system. You get to participate in it's greatness, having done none of the brainstorming / research of such rules and implications....run this big dog...and play in it as well. If you have the time it would be appreciated and we would seek for more trust worthy help to aid in the workload.

So perhaps you always wanted to commish an epic league but were a lazy azz and didn't ever put the foot in the door. Now the foots in the door for you - you have the keys to that house. Bingo.
caskam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mkultra » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm not sure you quite understand what the term "Commissioner" means. That aside, I'm curious why you think your league is so awesome.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby caskam » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Well in this case of explanation I think it's best I use my completed/in progress league, MockNBA.

MockNBA now has over 100,000 hits since February! We have 20 amazing owners.... many debates and chat ...and even if you dont chat..or debate - all the owners are working hard.

The system is not for long term year to year thing.... its about year to year making a real impact on your organization for subsequent years. The league is "mock" nba for a reason. It's system is un matched by any league out there! Sure go ahead..check out the rules ...you'll be interested.

Now MockMLB, is under the same set up and terminology! So if you know baseball contracts and lingo ...it wouldn't much apply as we love our NBA system so I decided to apply it to MLB the best I could for a start up.

We have FA with possible prior team loyalty (gets higher max offer)...contracts can be offered with options that influence bidding value! Player options ..team options. Some guys are Restricted FA....its all very simple. We have Luxary tax...a soft and hard cap... with income! Buyouts? sure..Extensions? you bet!

http://frogmanv.proboards.com
http://mockmlb.proboards.com
caskam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mkultra » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Hmm, still not convinced. Tell me more...
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Classifieds