So stat errors occurring on a Sunday unfixable? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So stat errors occurring on a Sunday unfixable?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: So stat errors occurring on a Sunday unfixable?

Postby Maris09 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:what have you heard about ESPN?
they are a very very good fantasy provider from my experience... played there last year and also this year. there's nothing wrong with them.

Ya never used them for Baseball, I'm sure they are fine, I've just heard it's not as good as Yahoo. Either way the general point is that I'm extremely happy playing on Yahoo, but just that this seems like a fairly important issue to get corrected. Like I said, as it stands now it has the "potential" to crown the incorrect person Champion.
Last edited by Maris09 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Maris09 wrote:Ya never used them for Baseball, I'm sure they are fine, I've just heard it's not as good as Yahoo. Either way the general point is that I'm extremely happy playing on Yahoo, but just that this seems like a fairly important issue to get corrected. Like I said, as it stands now it has the "potential" to crown the incorrect person Champion.

You're going to be told that it's in the hands of the outsourced stat provider, and that they're sorry. And really that's probably all they can do. Otherwise, I can't imagine this problem would be happening. You run into the catch-22 discussed earlier (or in another thread?) of timely updates that people hoot and holler about vs this. The problem here is that this is only an issue in H2H Leagues, and not Roto, and that it's not something internal that Yahoo! themselves controls, as we've been told over and over that they outsource their stat provider. So I can't imagine some magic fix is anywhere near in sight. These days, though, I don't stress as much about fantasy as I used to, so I'm not even bothered in my H2H Yahoo! leagues that this happens. Man, times they are a changin'.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Maris09 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:You're going to be told that it's in the hands of the outsourced stat provider, and that they're sorry. And really that's probably all they can do. Otherwise, I can't imagine this problem would be happening. You run into the catch-22 discussed earlier (or in another thread?) of timely updates that people hoot and holler about vs this.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying (and what they've been saying).

Just seems like they can still do everything the same (timely updates), but then the once or twice a year where they have to go back and change a matchup on a Monday afternoon....they just go do it. For the sake of fairness.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:07 am

bigh0rt wrote:These days, though, I don't stress as much about fantasy as I used to, so I'm not even bothered in my H2H Yahoo! leagues that this happens. Man, times they are a changin'.

Funny how that coincided with you and Collins 'joining forces' to talk about nuts all the time... :-? :-? :-?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:17 am

in all my fantasy leagues you go with the stat provider/league default, right or wrong...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

perfect example...i won my football dynasty league semi-finals last year by 1.5 points. there was a Kurt Warner to Anquan Boldin pass TD that was somewhat questionable if it was a pass or a lateral. i had both players. later that week (Thursday i believe) Elias Sports Bureau changed it to a lateral and rush TD for Boldin only. our league wasnt set up to apply late stat corrections, so i won. the guy cried about it but that's how things were set up. had it been the other way around i'd have lived with it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 am

StlSluggers wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:These days, though, I don't stress as much about fantasy as I used to, so I'm not even bothered in my H2H Yahoo! leagues that this happens. Man, times they are a changin'.

Funny how that coincided with you and Collins 'joining forces' to talk about nuts all the time... :-? :-? :-?

I still can't hear you from all the way down in last place.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

bigh0rt wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

I still can't hear you from all the way down in last place.

I'm trying to read your post, but the glare from my championship trophy is blinding me today.
You know how that works, don't... oh, yeah.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pochucker » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:53 am

Wow
1st of all I havent played yahoo in yrs. Have had NO problems with CBS in 7yrs. All I can say is if we ever had issue like that and where someone in my league could potentially lose up to $1200 we would be gone in a heartbeat! I cant imagine this happening. Have seen one point make the difference between making playoffs and not making playoffs many times. If it happened in playoffs I can only imagine anger.

As far as being "unfixable"? thats bs --simple answer for them get new stat provider asap!
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Maris09 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 am

Pochucker wrote:As far as being "unfixable"? thats bs --simple answer for them get new stat provider asap!

Well in fairness, it's not quite like that.
They are able and do "fix" the stat....however if it's not caught on time and run on the overnight stat corrections done each week early Monday morning, then it won't have any effect on a H2H matchup. So Roto and Total Points leagues get corrected eventually, but H2H do not.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 am

just one man's opinion.. but Ive always played yahoo! for years. last year played one league on yahoo! and one on ESPN. This year and every year from now I am sticking with ESPN. it is simply a much better product. from my experience.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers