Best OF in MLB? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best OF in MLB?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best OF in MLB?

Postby Seatownfavorite » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I was just think how good the Rangers OF is when Cruz is healthy. Got to thinking, what is the best OF in baseball. These are the three that came to my mind:

Texas:
Josh Hamilton
Julio Bourbon
Nelson Cruz
BN: Vladamir Guerrero

St. Louis:
Matt Holiday
Colby Rasmus
Ryan Ludwick

Dodgers:
Manny Ramirez
Matt Kemp
Andre Ethier

If you had to take all three from any team which would it be? Any other teams that belong in the discussion?
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best OF in MLB?

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 pm

I'll take the Cardinals. ;-D

I can see the Rays in the discussion with Crawford, Upton and Zobrist.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Vote: Dodgers
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

You guys are really taking this East Coast Bias thing too far... its obviously Nava, McDonald, Cameron, Hermida, and Bill Hall.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm takin the dodgers all day. Matt Kemp is a gold-glove CF that can hit 30 homers, 30 steals, and hit over .300. Ethier has shown he can mash 30 homers, hit for a solid avg, and can hit the late-inning walk-offs when it counts. While Manny is certainly not the OF he was in his hey-day, he can still hit for a solid avg and contribute 25 homers and close to 100 rbi's, even though he is a liability in LF.

The Cards are a close 2nd but i like the power of the LAD OF better than the Cards. The Rays are definitely the fastest OF with crawford who can steal 60, bj with 40, and zobrist with 20 but i will take power over speed anyday. If they manage to hold onto crawford and bj when desmond jennings comes up, watch out, that is a blazing OF. Also, just because I'm a yanks fan...I think gardner-granderson-swisher deserve a mention here with the breakout yr that gardner is having and the under-the-radar stellar season that swisher is having. Granderson just needs to get going after coming back from his injury, but even still I give it to the dodgers. ;-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm surprised this thread has got this far without turning into an argument over WAR and defensive metrics.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Montana168 wrote:I'm takin the dodgers all day. Matt Kemp is a gold-glove CF that can hit 30 homers, 30 steals, and hit over .300. Ethier has shown he can mash 30 homers, hit for a solid avg, and can hit the late-inning walk-offs when it counts. While Manny is certainly not the OF he was in his hey-day, he can still hit for a solid avg and contribute 25 homers and close to 100 rbi's, even though he is a liability in LF.

Kemp has been absolutely brutal in the OF this year.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Montana168 wrote:I'm takin the dodgers all day. Matt Kemp is a gold-glove CF that can hit 30 homers, 30 steals, and hit over .300. Ethier has shown he can mash 30 homers, hit for a solid avg, and can hit the late-inning walk-offs when it counts. While Manny is certainly not the OF he was in his hey-day, he can still hit for a solid avg and contribute 25 homers and close to 100 rbi's, even though he is a liability in LF.

Kemp has been absolutely brutal in the OF this year.

I didn't say he wasn't. I said he is a gold glove CF, meaning he owns a gold glove and there will probably be more in the future. Just because he has a bad half-year defensively and on the basepaths, doesn't mean that half defines the player he was or is going to be. I was simply stating why I believe the Dodgers have the best OF as a whole, including the criteria i used to measure them by. I'd like to hear the same for you as to why you picked the Cards, other than they are your favorite team. :-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Definitely the Dodgers. Even with Manny not being what he used to be, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier are lethal. The Rangers and the Cardinals benefit from playing in a smaller ballpark... I'm sure if Dodgers stadium were smaller, the Dodgers OF would have even more incredible numbers than they currently do.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby drunkmonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:57 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Definitely the Dodgers. Even with Manny not being what he used to be, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier are lethal. The Rangers and the Cardinals benefit from playing in a smaller ballpark... I'm sure if Dodgers stadium were smaller, the Dodgers OF would have even more incredible numbers than they currently do.

:-?
Dodger Stadium: 330-375-395-375-330
Arlington: 330-380-400-380-330
Busch III: 335-375-400-375-335
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers