could use some advice...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

could use some advice...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

could use some advice...WHIR

Postby bootwncrew » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok first of all I want to explain the league I'm in. It's a custom league that's run by me and a few friends that we made from scratch. We have our own website and keep track of the stats and make scores by ourselves. We have "games" everyday, not each week, with each week being a series against a different opponent. Also... in our league we had to sign guys for 1, 2, or 3 years with each player being worth a specific value. We have instated a payroll cap of $250 dollars with penalties being issued for dropping a player before their contract is up. We also have a 25 man active roster and a 15 man inactive roster so we overall have our own full 40 man rosters. You can only send a player down from your active roster 5 times per year. We can have up to 3 SP's for each day and 3 RP's as well. To win pitching points you MUST have a pitcher pitch that day.

First of all let me give you the stats that count in our league:

Batting: AVG, HR, RBI, R, 1B, 2B, 3B, SB, K's (with LOB being the tiebreaker if needed)

Pitching: Wins, Losses, Saves, Holds, ERA, K's, BB's, QS.

Here's my team.. please let me know what ya think I could do for help. (currently in 1st place out of a 8 person league, 49-27 overall) I will use a "s" in quotes for my usual starters. I also will just post my active roster for now to save space. We only start one in each offensive position with a DH as well which can be anyone)

Catchers: Carlos Santana(s), Mike Napoli
1B: Mark Texieria(s), Mark Reynolds
2B: Robinson Cano(s), Jose Lopez, Ryan Theriot
SS: Ryan Theriot(s), Jimmy Rollins(DL), Starlin Castro(on inactive for now, bounces back and forth a bit)
3B: Ryan Zimmerman(s), Mark Reynolds, Jose Lopez
OF: Ryan Braun(s), Alex Rios(s), Josh Willingham(s), Cody Ross, Austin Jackson

SP: Roy Halladay, Tommy Hanson, John Danks, Johny Cueto, Mat Latos, Clayton Richard, Hiroki Kuroda, Anibal Sanchez, Fausto Carmona

RP: Carlos Marmol, Jose Valverde, Luke Gregerson

I also have more guys on my inactive roster... mostly younger prospects that i got dirt cheap for 3 years to hope for a breakout in the future.

What would you guys say is my biggest weakness? Personally I feel I would be in great shape if I cleared out some payroll and could afford Josh Hamilton to use as my 3rd OF to replace Willingham... yes.. he's in FA. No one wanted to shell out that type of cash on the guy during the draft and most of us are right around our payroll cap and can't afford him unless we make some cuts and pay the penalties..

Any help would be appreciated.. we're all poor college kids and I could really use some money from this league come fall haha.
bootwncrew
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team