The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

Postby Zito is God » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:13 pm

I realize Mark Reynolds is batting close to the Mendoza line, but he has real power and the fact that he has been sliding from 3rd to 4th to 6th and now to 7th tonight is ridiculous. Its not a good way to turn him around and even worse when him and J-Up are your "star players". No respect.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Torre/Kemp batting order is happening somewhere else...

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:50 pm

he currently has a lower OPS than chris young and adam laroche who hit 5th and 6th tonight. this is absolutely nothing like the debacle last year in LA in my opinion.

also, depending on how you feel about strike outs when creating your lineup (personally, i dont mind them all that much, but im sure most managers would prefer to have guys at least put the wood on it as opposed to striking out once out of every 2.3 ABs), im sure this has something to do with it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby baseball77 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:33 am

Snakes Gould wrote:he currently has a lower OPS than chris young and adam laroche who hit 5th and 6th tonight. this is absolutely nothing like the debacle last year in LA in my opinion.

also, depending on how you feel about strike outs when creating your lineup (personally, i dont mind them all that much, but im sure most managers would prefer to have guys at least put the wood on it as opposed to striking out once out of every 2.3 ABs), im sure this has something to do with it.

I agree. i don't think this is comparable to the Kemp situation. Reynolds is currently on pace to shatter his own strikeout record with 233. :-o i don't like strikeouts because it guarantees you're at bat was as unproductive as possible. If you at least make contact and put the ball in play, you have a chance to move runners up, have the fielder make an error, find a gap, etc.
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dmattingly23 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:he currently has a lower OPS than chris young and adam laroche who hit 5th and 6th tonight. this is absolutely nothing like the debacle last year in LA in my opinion.

Agreed. Reynolds is a great fantasy player not real player. And he's not in upton's class.

7th is fine for him.
dmattingly23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ursa » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 pm

dmattingly23 wrote:
Agreed. Reynolds is a great fantasy player not real player. And he's not in upton's class.

7th is fine for him.

As one who drafted him 22nd overall, I have to agree. His counting stats are great, his BA sucks (as anyone should have known going in) but he might well be the poster child for a great fantasy player who is nowhere hear that level on the real field.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Ursa wrote:
dmattingly23 wrote:

7th is fine for him.

As one who drafted him 22nd overall, I have to agree. His counting stats are great, his BA sucks (as anyone should have known going in) but he might well be the poster child for a great fantasy player who is nowhere hear that level on the real field.

Juan Pierre disagrees :-D
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby StlSluggers » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Plus, he's admitted that he's having confidence issues when batting.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am

I don't think Ks are that big an issue for a guy near the top of the order. If you're going to get out, a K or a groundout are about equal. and you can't get doubled up if you K. OBA and SLG should be what's looked at, primarily. "Three true outcome" players are more valuable in real life than most people realize. It's understandable to be pissed off if the guy Ks in an important spot, but don't forget the runs he creates in bunches with the longball. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 172)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Mark Reynolds is nowhere near the caliber of player as Matt Kemp, I'm sorry. This comparison = fail.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers