Forget I ever said anything - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Forget I ever said anything

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Forget I ever said anything

Postby kaiser » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm

I guess I'm wrong. Prado stinks. Cano is a God.
Last edited by kaiser on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 308)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Having Almost as Good a Year as Cano...but not as much press

Postby HipHipJorge » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 pm

7 more HR's. 18 more RBI's. .35 points higher on the RBI. But you are right. He is def having a good season.
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:33 pm

uhhh yeah. cano is blowing prado out of the water. cano is beating him in every category, except prado has 1 more hit. but if you want to look at the deeper than 5 standard cats, then cano kills him in SLG, OBP, OPS, etc. prado is having a solid season for what was expected of him, but i dont see the comparison of saying "almost as good a year", its more like prado is having a solid yr, but cano is a lot better. :-?
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Padsin05 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Montana168 wrote:uhhh yeah. cano is blowing prado out of the water. cano is beating him in every category, except prado has 1 more hit. but if you want to look at the deeper than 5 standard cats, then cano kills him in SLG, OBP, OPS, etc. prado is having a solid season for what was expected of him, but i dont see the comparison of saying "almost as good a year", its more like prado is having a solid yr, but cano is a lot better. :-?

100% agree, if you want to bring up a superstar, and then bring Prado into the discussion, bring up UTLEY
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

What the......? Prado to Cano ? Prado isn't on the same level as Robby right now, and not even close to it. Prado is having a great season without a doubt, but it doesn't touch what Robby is accomplishing right now.

Side note: Cano hit a 451 ft. HR tonight...Yummy... to think he was ranked 5th+ in 2nd baseman rankings this year, meanwhile he is a top 10 player.

BIGGG Props to Havok for having Robby so high in his pre season rankings. Aquaman was also on the bandwagon as well.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Re: Forget I ever said anything

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 am

It's too bad this thread devolved into a Cano love fest. The point you make about Prado getting no attention is spot on. In fact, I had no idea he was doing that well this season, and it'd be nice to see some discussion as to the reasons for his success, particularly from people watching him play every day (read: kaiser... ;-) )...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks, Inukchuk, for a more reasonable response than is typical around the Cafe these days.

I can't tell you why he is hitting so well, except that he has shown steady improvement each year, and he plays for a manager who knows how to nurture young talent.

And regardless of how much some posters here are going to jump my case for daring to suggest that Prado is worthy of at least some recognition, I will continue to say that, based on relative draft value, I like a Prado pick at 184 ADP versus Cano at 31 (ESPN ADP).

Here's a good article from the Braves Bleacher Report newsletter arguing Prado's case to start 2B over Utley in the All-Star Game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/407370-martin-prado-vs-chase-utley-who-should-start-at-second-for-the-nl
Last edited by kaiser on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:33 am

Inukchuk wrote:It's too bad this thread devolved into a Cano love fest. The point you make about Prado getting no attention is spot on. In fact, I had no idea he was doing that well this season, and it'd be nice to see some discussion as to the reasons for his success, particularly from people watching him play every day (read: kaiser... ;-) )...

This.

Prado was well regarded by some going into the season, as a solid option at his many eligible positions. I shied away, unfortunately. It's nice to see him being so productive.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby Montana168 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 am

kaiser wrote:Thanks, Inukchuk, for a more reasonable response that is typical around the Cafe these days.

I can't tell you why he is hitting so well, except that he has shown steady improvement each year, and he plays for a manager who knows how to nurture young talent.

And regardless of how much some posters here are going to jump my case for daring to suggest that Prado is worthy of at least some recognition, I will continue to say that, based on relative draft value, I like a Prado pick at 184 ADP versus Cano at 31 (ESPN ADP).

Here's a good article from the Braves Bleacher Report newsletter arguing Prado's case to start 2B over Utley in the All-Star Game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/407370-martin-prado-vs-chase-utley-who-should-start-at-second-for-the-nl

The reason this thread turned the way it did was based on your original post. You stated that Prado was having almost as good a yr as Cano, and well, that statement is just false because the numbers are a lot higher in every category except hits and cano has only 1 more sb. If you wanted to bring more attention to Prado, stating that he is having a great yr for where he was drafted, you should have stated that instead. Compare where his value is right now compared to all the other 2b and where their ADP were at the beginning of the season compared to Prado's and the thread would have been takin more seriously. ;-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 am

Yes, thank you Montana, for that enlightening post. ;-D
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero