Weir In The World Is Adam Lind-iego? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Weir In The World Is Adam Lind-iego?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Weir In The World Is Adam Lind-iego?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:21 am

when is this bum gonna turn things around?
thoughts?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Weir In The World Is Adam Lind-iego?

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:17 am

Nominee for Best Leftovers Thread Title of 2010
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 am

Yeah he's real annoying. His .249 BABIP just keeps sitting there, and he keeps striking out 28% of the time. He's been sitting on my bench since mid-May and he's going to continue to sit there. I know the day I drop him he'll start back on his path to 30 HR and a .300 AVG final line; so I'll let you all know if and when that day comes so you can put him in your lineups or trade for him starting then.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 am

StlSluggers wrote:Nominee for Best Leftovers Thread Title of 2010

second
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:25 am

I have been wondering the same thing. I bought low on him in my dynasty league but he is currently riding the pine in favor of troy glaus until he shows me he can hit.

His BABIP is showing he is getting unlucky with his batting avg right now. He has a .249 BABIP, compared to .323 and .317 the past 2 years which shows there could be a light at the end of the tunnel. However, he had a .269 BABIP through 89 games in '07, so his cold streak could continue. His bb/k ratio is down to .34, compared to last year's .53 which is looking like an outlier. His FB% is way up from 36.8% last yr to 42.9% this year. I think those three ratios/stats mean he could be just trying to hit the ball as hard as he can right now, and as a result he is the culprit of a lot of fly-outs that aren't leaving the stadium or finding the gaps. Also, his 19% HR/FB ratio last year is looking like an outlier.

In the preseason, many sites that look at these deeper stats such as razzball and baseball forecaster stated that this guy's breakout year was fully supported by his deep stats and that he shouldn't slip into bust territory at all this year. So far, they have been dead wrong. We still have about 2/3 of the season left to play so he has plenty of time to turn it around, but this guy is young and could put up monster seasons with a chance at continued growth in HR. He has 8 HR on the year so it is not impossible for him to reach his preseason predictions, but here's hoping he starts mashing soon. ;-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:49 pm

I traded for him this week in my dynasty league......invested in both him and Aaron Hill.

Traded Manny Ramirez and Magglio Ordonez for Lind.......and deal Axford + Leake for Hill + Zumaya (holds league)....

I feel quite confident Aaron Hill will have a huge rebound the rest of the way (not to mention he's on pace for close to 30 dingers as it stands anyway).......Lind I'm not quite as confident in, but I figure his combination of youth + prior track record made him worth such a small investment.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Aaron Hill looks like he's coming out of it, but Lind? He's looked completely lost since the beginning of May. His swing is all over the place and he has absolutely no strike zone awareness right now. I have to think that this is just a prolonged slump, though. The BABIP, as mentioned, is still low, but some of that has to do with the fact that he's hitting more weak fly balls than ever before.

Lind has far too good of a track record (in both the minors and majors) for this to go on much longer. While I think he'll turn it around, 2009 may ultimately prove to be a career year.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:35 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Nominee for Best Leftovers Thread Title of 2010

second

It's even more applicable with the Jays benching Lind against San Diego yesterday.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Return to Baseball Leftovers