Yahoo trade rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo trade rules

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo trade rules

Postby KronJon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:21 pm

I've played fantasy baseball on Yahoo for many years, but never run into this situation and I was hoping someone knows a definitive answer.

This is what has happened:
- Montero is in my DL slot.
- I accepted a 2 for 1 trade offer.
- As the trade is still pending, Montero has been activated by the dbacks, but remains in my DL slot.

So, my question is, how does Yahoo fantasy baseball handle this? Will my trade still go through tomorrow if I leave Montero in the DL slot? Or will it not allow the trade to process because I have an ineligible player in my DL slot? I figure if I can wait for the trade to go through, then it will free up the roster space to activate Montero. But then again, I'm afraid it will not allow this to happen, which would be a disaster to my team as this trade is huge.

Anyone know? Thanks.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm 99.9% sure the trade will NOT go through. You better drop someone now and activate Montero, then add someone tomorrow to fill out your roster.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2148
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 pm

I've asked this question several times and gotten different answers.
Most people say it won't work, but I've had some tell me they've done it and it's gone through no problem.

Worse comes to worse and the trade doesn't go through, you can just redo the trade and then drop somebody. But there's no reason not to try and see if it goes through, if only to find out what the definitive answer is. I've defnintely had people tell me they've done it and it still goes through though.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby KronJon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:I'm 99.9% sure the trade will NOT go through. You better drop someone now and activate Montero, then add someone tomorrow to fill out your roster.

If only I had someone to drop. If I have to take this route, I'd be dropping either Montero or Carlos Santana. Not exactly the ideal option if I don't NEED to do it. Once the trade goes through I'd have the roster space to keep both catchers. Hence the importance of finding out what Yahoo's rule is here.

Maris09 wrote:I've asked this question several times and gotten different answers.
Most people say it won't work, but I've had some tell me they've done it and it's gone through no problem.

Worse comes to worse and the trade doesn't go through, you can just redo the trade and then drop somebody. But there's no reason not to try and see if it goes through, if only to find out what the definitive answer is. I've defnintely had people tell me they've done it and it still goes through though.

The problem with this is, I'm afraid he won't accept the trade a second time. I'm getting Kershaw in exchange for Posey+Corpas.
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Ya tough call. I've had people tell me it goes through fine.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm

I'll concede it is a weird case and I'm not 100% positive. But after crawling through the relevant code, I don't see anything that would prevent this trade from being processed tonight. I'd be pretty confident the trade will go through, and you can move Montero into the vacated slot tomorrow.

I'm not 100% positive. I'll say that again. But that is how it looks to me.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1387
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby KronJon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 pm

I just found this thread from another forum... if you scroll down, someone apparently got an email from yahoo sports staff, claiming that in a scenario like this, the trade will NOT go through.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=127369

Ugh, if that is the case I have to drop Montero or Carlos Santana. :-o
KronJon
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:39 am

So normally the customer care guys are a great source of information on these weird cases. So when their data conflicted with what I found in the code, that bothered us. So two of us put together a test case. Did a trade with a team that had a non-injured player in a DL slot, and then manually ran the processing that normally runs overnight. As he and I suspected, the trade did run through just fine with a non-injured guy in the DL slot. It is of course possible that we didn't properly simulate the trade scenario in question, but I don't think it is likely. I was quite confident before the trade would go through, and I'm even more confident now. Hopefully you see this in time to do you some good; I'll check in with customer care in the morning to correct the misunderstanding.

Hope this helps...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1387
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo trade rules

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:56 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:So normally the customer care guys are a great source of information on these weird cases. So when their data conflicted with what I found in the code, that bothered us. So two of us put together a test case. Did a trade with a team that had a non-injured player in a DL slot, and then manually ran the processing that normally runs overnight. As he and I suspected, the trade did run through just fine with a non-injured guy in the DL slot. It is of course possible that we didn't properly simulate the trade scenario in question, but I don't think it is likely. I was quite confident before the trade would go through, and I'm even more confident now. Hopefully you see this in time to do you some good; I'll check in with customer care in the morning to correct the misunderstanding.

Hope this helps...


The Genie has spoken...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact