I want to kill my coworker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I want to kill my coworker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I want to kill my coworker

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:59 pm

I think recognizing there will be something or someone like this at pretty much every job you ever have is the best way to calm yourself. I've got one of these, a female version, where I am. If you do something one way, she complains about it and tells you to do it another way. If you were to do it the other way in the first place, she'd have told you to do the opposite. Just the way she is. It was very frustrating until you recognize it. Now I tune her out like that squackbox sound in Charlie Brown cartoons. Like water off a duck's back, Its the only way to not pull a 187.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:03 pm

urbanbreez wrote:I think recognizing there will be something or someone like this at pretty much every job you ever have is the best way to calm yourself. I've got one of these, a female version, where I am. If you do something one way, she complains about it and tells you to do it another way. If you were to do it the other way in the first place, she'd have told you to do the opposite. Just the way she is. It was very frustrating until you recognize it. Now I tune her out like that squackbox sound in Charlie Brown cartoons. Like water off a duck's back, Its the only way to not pull a 187.

That's good advice, any day you don't have to pull your AK is a good day. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:09 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Ehh, kick him in the nuts with a poor performance review or at least grant him the leave form due to him being an ass. Or at least threaten to if he doesn't improve his attitude. Like Omaha said, don't even consider raising your fists and risking any career repercussions against a guy stuck with a jock-high-school mentality.

That's the cruddy part (and kind of his point). I don't write his evaluation and I don't grant his leave. I can make recommendations all day long, but it is the Lieutenant Colonel who does both of those things.

But to do my job, I need to know when he is planning to take leave in order to ensure we've got enough coverage in the office. And in order for the shop to run smoothly, I need for him not to be such a negative jerk. We've gotten one complaint about him already. Probably more who just won't say anything.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Metroid wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:I think recognizing there will be something or someone like this at pretty much every job you ever have is the best way to calm yourself. I've got one of these, a female version, where I am. If you do something one way, she complains about it and tells you to do it another way. If you were to do it the other way in the first place, she'd have told you to do the opposite. Just the way she is. It was very frustrating until you recognize it. Now I tune her out like that squackbox sound in Charlie Brown cartoons. Like water off a duck's back, Its the only way to not pull a 187.

Not true. Not pulling the AK only makes it a good day if you combine it with a Fat Burger at 2 in the morning.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:14 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Not true. Not pulling the AK only makes it a good day if you combine it with a Fat Burger at 2 in the morning.

:-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm

joejlitz wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Ehh, kick him in the nuts with a poor performance review or at least grant him the leave form due to him being an ass. Or at least threaten to if he doesn't improve his attitude. Like Omaha said, don't even consider raising your fists and risking any career repercussions against a guy stuck with a jock-high-school mentality.

That's the cruddy part (and kind of his point). I don't write his evaluation and I don't grant his leave. I can make recommendations all day long, but it is the Lieutenant Colonel who does both of those things.

But to do my job, I need to know when he is planning to take leave in order to ensure we've got enough coverage in the office. And in order for the shop to run smoothly, I need for him not to be such a negative jerk. We've gotten one complaint about him already. Probably more who just won't say anything.

Time to ask the Lieut out for lunch. ;-)
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm

joejlitz wrote:You see, he is a Special Forces (SF) officer. I'm a Civil Affairs (CA) officer. We are both in Special Operations, but because I am CA and not SF he's got a chip on his shoulder that he has to report to me.

Oh god, he's that guy? :-/ That sucks.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:37 pm

FYI - I work in employment law and I know these things, so trust me when I tell you this: Killing your coworker is illegal.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:41 pm

knapplc wrote:FYI - I work in employment law and I know these things, so trust me when I tell you this: Killing your coworker is illegal.

He's right. I looked it up.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:FYI - I work in employment law and I know these things, so trust me when I tell you this: Killing your coworker is illegal.

He's right. I looked it up.

I can vouch for this...Omaha did look it up.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk