I want to kill my coworker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I want to kill my coworker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I want to kill my coworker

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:24 am

OK, so I've been in the Army 14 years and done a variety of things. Got lots of experience. I am now a Major and I'm supervising a 9-man section with 2 other majors and a few DA civilians and one contractor. As I'm responsible for everything that goes on, I've got to KNOW everything about what everyone is doing. However, one of the other Majors (let's call him Focker) is being quite childish. My wife says he is being a girl. Basically, he challenges everything I say and do and he is constantly negative about everything. He's upset with being there in the first place. You see, he is a Special Forces (SF) officer. I'm a Civil Affairs (CA) officer. We are both in Special Operations, but because I am CA and not SF he's got a chip on his shoulder that he has to report to me. Focker walks around thinking he is better than everyone and he wants to leave our section to go work in the "hush hush - black ops, no one else can no what we are doing" section. Personally, I say good riddance. But there's no room for him in that section, so he's stuck in my section.

So the other day, Focker asks a civilian about the process for submiting a leave form. I tell him I need to review it first and he gets all high and mighty because we are the same rank. I explain to him why I need to review it and he concedes, but he makes such a childish issue about it. After that, I am working on a project and he becomes very critical about it in front of everyone (not professional by any means). I tell him politely (but I am quite aggravated at this point) that I am not interested in his negative opinions. He keeps going on and on and I basically ignore him. Then, he pushes my chair (without me in it) across the room and I laugh.

Bottom line: this is beyond annoying and I've already thought about confronting him and going to blows if necessary. !+) Than I talked it out with some folks and they told me to take a walk with him and come to an agreement, which is of course, the smartest thing to do. :-°

But I am so fired up and want to punch this dude in the face. :-C He left work early on Friday (without asking/telling me), so I didn't get to talk to him. My kid is sick today, so I'm not at work today. But we're gonna have a Come to Jesus meeting tomorrow.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I want to kill my coworker

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 am

Shoot him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 am

bigh0rt wrote:Shoot him.

True
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:02 am

next time he questions you just tell him "YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!!" a la Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men

...or better yet just keep telling him to calm down :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 am

Don't do anything kneejerk Joe. You're his superior for a reason. Would hate to see you throw that away by doing something stupid.

You know, I think there's a guy that lurks around here who knows a little bit about work related issues...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:next time he questions you just tell him "YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!!" a la Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men

...or better yet just keep telling him to calm down :-b

Do the later.....also ask him if he wants to know the "truth", then tell him he can't handle it. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 am

I want to know what Jesus says.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Challenge him to a Haiku off!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Ehh, kick him in the nuts with a poor performance review or at least grant him the leave form due to him being an ass. Or at least threaten to if he doesn't improve his attitude. Like Omaha said, don't even consider raising your fists and risking any career repercussions against a guy stuck with a jock-high-school mentality.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:39 pm

they want you on that wall, they NEED you on that wall
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Next

Return to General Talk