Nolasco - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nolasco

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nolasco

Postby The_Show » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:42 pm

If you can't locate your pitches, any team will be a struggle %-6 (speaking more from a FLA fan than a Nolasco owner)
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I guess an assignment against one of the worst offenses in the league was too much to ask for. Nolasco, meet my bench. Talk about one of the most over-hyped pieces of @#%...
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DoctaDre » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Started him tonight vs O's too... just saw him give up back to back homers to luke scott and adam jones followed by a few singles and a 2 rbi double to patterson.... and he is having problems getting out of the 2nd inning against the O's!!!
I honestly don't know whats wrong with this kid but I drafted him with a ton of confidence... can't say I'm loving him right now....

so far this year, my waiver wire pick ups have been a lot better(ricky romero, mat latos, gio gonzalez, carl pavano)....

I don't know what to do with him either honestly... do i drop him for yet another waiver wire pitcher or try to package a deal and trade for a better SP? i
DoctaDre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby philly215 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 pm

i want to drop him but his 2nd half turnarounds and recent reports that he's altered his mechanics have convinced me to keep him for now. but here on out, he's on my bench until i see some results - but id drop him if there was anything on the wire.
philly215
T-Ball Trainer

Postby DoctaDre » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:51 pm

yea just checked my waiver, only SP left worth a damn is jamie moyer lol. I think nolasco is going to keep my bench warm until i see something positive.
DoctaDre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Doubt you can trade him, unless the other owner truly believes he's buying low or hasn't been paying attention to baseball at all. I'd advocate dropping him in shallow 10-team mixed leagues, where there is abundant pitching alternatives on the WW. It's the 12-team mixed leagues I'm in, 2 of them in fact, in which I have Nolasco which is the hard part because the WW is so bare. I think you have to hold onto him in those leagues and anything deeper, and just pray he gets his act together...
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Ursa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:35 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Doubt you can trade him, unless the other owner truly believes he's buying low or hasn't been paying attention to baseball at all. I'd advocate dropping him in shallow 10-team mixed leagues, where there is abundant pitching alternatives on the WW. It's the 12-team mixed leagues I'm in, 2 of them in fact, in which I have Nolasco which is the hard part because the WW is so bare. I think you have to hold onto him in those leagues and anything deeper, and just pray he gets his act together...

I also started him because it was the Os. That after benching Chacin against the Red Sox last night. :-C

My league is 16 teams so the wire is devoid of anything at all. I don't know if this is going to turn around at all but he has to be benched until it is.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ursa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:05 pm

It seems all his woes come from one inning most of the time. This time it was the second. The earlier poster who mentioned that he has trouble dealing with runners on board is spot on.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dmattingly23 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Today was the best I've seen him in awhile. I think he has a huge 2nd half.

Had his old curve working today. They said the pitching coach found a flaw in his delivery last game. I think he's working out the kinks right now.
dmattingly23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ursa » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Picked up a win after sweating when the bullpen conspired to nearly blow it. I sure hope the folks saying he will have a big second half are right.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers