100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

World Cup of Beers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby markj11 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:28 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
markj11 wrote:South African - Castle Lager
SABMiller - Should be easy to find, this is the same company that owns Miller.

I thought it was Castle Milk Stout? Never had it before, but I can see myself drinking plenty of that a few weeks from now. ;-D

Yeah, my South African buddy always smuggles a few cases back. He's leaving for South Africa this Friday.

Castle Brewery was founded in Johannesburg in 1894. It later merged with other breweries to form South African Breweries.
The main brand is Castle Lager, a 5% pale lager introduced in 1895. Castle Lager has won many awards, from gold medals to the "World's Best Bottled Lager" award at the 2000 International Brewing Industry Awards.[9] It is advertised as "somewhat dry, somewhat bitter, never sweet" and as "the beer that stood the test of time".[10] Other brands are Castle Lite and Castle Milk Stout.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm

i wonder if anyone out side of n. korea had a n. korean beer
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Can't find Castle Lager anywhere.

Had 2 Moretti beers yesterday. Italy finishes in last. It was so bad I almost couldn't finish the second one. %-6
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby markj11 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Can't find Castle Lager anywhere.

Had 2 Moretti beers yesterday. Italy finishes in last. It was so bad I almost couldn't finish the second one. %-6

Hmm.. I guess not, I thought since they combined with Miller surely it would be available somewhere in the states just not around here.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 pm

markj11 wrote:

Hmm.. I guess not, I thought since they combined with Miller surely it would be available somewhere in the states just not around here.

It could be available in all 50 states, all territories, administered areas and the district of columbia and it still wouldn't help me :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:26 pm

markj11 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
markj11 wrote:South African - Castle Lager
SABMiller - Should be easy to find, this is the same company that owns Miller.

I thought it was Castle Milk Stout? Never had it before, but I can see myself drinking plenty of that a few weeks from now. ;-D

Yeah, my South African buddy always smuggles a few cases back. He's leaving for South Africa this Friday.

Castle Brewery was founded in Johannesburg in 1894. It later merged with other breweries to form South African Breweries.
The main brand is Castle Lager, a 5% pale lager introduced in 1895. Castle Lager has won many awards, from gold medals to the "World's Best Bottled Lager" award at the 2000 International Brewing Industry Awards.[9] It is advertised as "somewhat dry, somewhat bitter, never sweet" and as "the beer that stood the test of time".[10] Other brands are Castle Lite and Castle Milk Stout.

Nice. I'm flying to Cape Town on the 29th. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
markj11 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Nice. I'm flying to Cape Town on the 29th. ;-D

You're headed to Cape Town? I had no idea. ;-7

:-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Why is AD going to Cape Town? This is the first that I've heard of it. What thread is this mentioned in?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby markj11 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
markj11 wrote:

It could be available in all 50 states, all territories, administered areas and the district of columbia and it still wouldn't help me :-b

Oh yeah, replace states with Americas.
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk