World Cup of Beers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

World Cup of Beers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby markj11 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:28 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
markj11 wrote:South African - Castle Lager
SABMiller - Should be easy to find, this is the same company that owns Miller.


I thought it was Castle Milk Stout? Never had it before, but I can see myself drinking plenty of that a few weeks from now. ;-D


Yeah, my South African buddy always smuggles a few cases back. He's leaving for South Africa this Friday.

Castle Brewery was founded in Johannesburg in 1894. It later merged with other breweries to form South African Breweries.
The main brand is Castle Lager, a 5% pale lager introduced in 1895. Castle Lager has won many awards, from gold medals to the "World's Best Bottled Lager" award at the 2000 International Brewing Industry Awards.[9] It is advertised as "somewhat dry, somewhat bitter, never sweet" and as "the beer that stood the test of time".[10] Other brands are Castle Lite and Castle Milk Stout.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm

i wonder if anyone out side of n. korea had a n. korean beer
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Can't find Castle Lager anywhere.

Had 2 Moretti beers yesterday. Italy finishes in last. It was so bad I almost couldn't finish the second one. %-6
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby markj11 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Can't find Castle Lager anywhere.

Had 2 Moretti beers yesterday. Italy finishes in last. It was so bad I almost couldn't finish the second one. %-6


Hmm.. I guess not, I thought since they combined with Miller surely it would be available somewhere in the states just not around here.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 pm

markj11 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Can't find Castle Lager anywhere.

Had 2 Moretti beers yesterday. Italy finishes in last. It was so bad I almost couldn't finish the second one. %-6


Hmm.. I guess not, I thought since they combined with Miller surely it would be available somewhere in the states just not around here.


It could be available in all 50 states, all territories, administered areas and the district of columbia and it still wouldn't help me :-b
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:26 pm

markj11 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
markj11 wrote:South African - Castle Lager
SABMiller - Should be easy to find, this is the same company that owns Miller.


I thought it was Castle Milk Stout? Never had it before, but I can see myself drinking plenty of that a few weeks from now. ;-D


Yeah, my South African buddy always smuggles a few cases back. He's leaving for South Africa this Friday.

Castle Brewery was founded in Johannesburg in 1894. It later merged with other breweries to form South African Breweries.
The main brand is Castle Lager, a 5% pale lager introduced in 1895. Castle Lager has won many awards, from gold medals to the "World's Best Bottled Lager" award at the 2000 International Brewing Industry Awards.[9] It is advertised as "somewhat dry, somewhat bitter, never sweet" and as "the beer that stood the test of time".[10] Other brands are Castle Lite and Castle Milk Stout.


Nice. I'm flying to Cape Town on the 29th. ;-D
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21923
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
markj11 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
I thought it was Castle Milk Stout? Never had it before, but I can see myself drinking plenty of that a few weeks from now. ;-D


Yeah, my South African buddy always smuggles a few cases back. He's leaving for South Africa this Friday.

Castle Brewery was founded in Johannesburg in 1894. It later merged with other breweries to form South African Breweries.
The main brand is Castle Lager, a 5% pale lager introduced in 1895. Castle Lager has won many awards, from gold medals to the "World's Best Bottled Lager" award at the 2000 International Brewing Industry Awards.[9] It is advertised as "somewhat dry, somewhat bitter, never sweet" and as "the beer that stood the test of time".[10] Other brands are Castle Lite and Castle Milk Stout.


Nice. I'm flying to Cape Town on the 29th. ;-D

You're headed to Cape Town? I had no idea. ;-7

:-b
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Why is AD going to Cape Town? This is the first that I've heard of it. What thread is this mentioned in?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby markj11 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
markj11 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Can't find Castle Lager anywhere.

Had 2 Moretti beers yesterday. Italy finishes in last. It was so bad I almost couldn't finish the second one. %-6


Hmm.. I guess not, I thought since they combined with Miller surely it would be available somewhere in the states just not around here.


It could be available in all 50 states, all territories, administered areas and the district of columbia and it still wouldn't help me :-b


Oh yeah, replace states with Americas.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: World Cup of Beers

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Houston at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Washington
(4:05 pm)
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact