Rate this Minors Roster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Rate this Minors Roster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate this Minors Roster

Postby BoBtheMule » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:17 pm

League I'm in lets you keep players on your minor league roster if they're under 100 GP for position players or 18 GS/30 APP for pitchers. I snagged Strasburg in the first round and he's been called up this week, plus I've made a few deals so I'd like to hear some opinions on the state of my minor league roster...

Carlos Santana
Brett Wallace
Mike Trout
Derek Norris
Tyler Matzek
Jonathan Lucroy
John Lamb
Dan Duffy
Dayan Viciedo
Ryan Kalish
Noel Arguelles
Randall Delgado
David Freese
Aaron Hicks
Julio Teheran
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate this Minors Roster

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:37 pm

You have some good hitters and a few decent SP prospects. Obviously Santana is a stud prospect and I like Wallace, Trout and Hicks as non high level guys. Teheran, Matzek, Delgado and Arguelles give you a nice group of young SP prospects. You seem to have a interest in the Royals and Brewers farm system not sure if that's a good or a bad thing lol. What's the size of the league?

Thoughts on my Farm System?
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=411941&p=3270219#p3270219
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)

Postby mblax10 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:54 pm

I've heard the arguments on Hicks, but how can you call Trout a non high level guy?

How many teams in the league would make answering the question much easier, but it doesn't matter in your case. Your roster is good in the shallowest of leagues. Santana, Wallace, Trout, Teharen & Matzek are all top 30 guys. Norris, Hicks & Delgado will make most top 100's and a lot of top 50's.

Danny Duffy decided he wants to play baseball again which is good for you. No reason to keep David Freese in the minors. He's a finished product and older. Might as well use his .300 avg now.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philly_05 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:22 pm

I see 1 lists with Trout in the top 30 and only 2 have him in the top 50. ESPN and PP are not the best sites and the only ones that come close to supporting your claims. PP moves prospects around way to easily jumping 20-30 spots on a whim.

SB - 102
BA - 85
BP - 53
MLB - 57
ESPN - 49
PP - 54/24
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 635)

Postby BoBtheMule » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm

it's a 12 team league, 15 man minor league roster...

Freese would be up but I'm loaded at 3B. I tried to bulk up at 3B thinking I could market one of them later in the season and get a good return. I've got Youk, ARod and Longoria.

It's also a two-catcher league which is why I have three catching prospects on my roster.

At the end of the season I have to cut up to 5 guys so I can pick in the minors draft (if I cut one... I get one pick... cut two, two picks ect.) I'm not going to have a great pick because I'm doing well on the majors side so who would you theoritically cut to pick some of the newly drafted amateurs?

I see myself cutting Freese (if not promoted), Viciedo and Kalish but I'd like to hear other opinions.
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mblax10 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Philly_05 wrote:I see 1 lists with Trout in the top 30 and only 2 have him in the top 50. ESPN and PP are not the best sites and the only ones that come close to supporting your claims. PP moves prospects around way to easily jumping 20-30 spots on a whim.

SB - 102
BA - 85
BP - 53
MLB - 57
ESPN - 49
PP - 54/24

These rankings were from March or earlier. I'm willing to bet large amounts of money if you ask Kevin Goldstein right now are there 52 better prospects than Mike Trout, he'd say no way.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kungfuwig » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 am

I like this minors team. Carlos Santana are guys who can give you something soon and hopefully in bunches. You have a few good SP, and John Lamb is tearing it up this year. The way that I see it is you have good guys at each key position (C - Santana, CI - Wallace, OF - Trout, SP - Matzek), but you could use somebody at the MI position. Someone who I think could do good is Ivan De Jesus, doesnt get too much press because of Dee Gordon, but is more consistent, is at a higher level, and is less then a year older.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kungfuwig » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 am

Also please reply to mine...

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=415204
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mblax10 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:18 am

While I offended somebody enough to get a private message about this thread. I guess some people just don't like to be told they're wrong. For those still not on board with Mike Trout, how about today's comment from Kevin Goldstein's Ten Pack? At this point, Trout is at worst a top 15 prospect. So going back to my original point, that seems like a "high level guy" to me.

Trout went 6-for-14 with a pair of doubles and three stolen bases over the weekend, but that's nothing new, as the 2009 first-round pick is now batting .373/.450/.554 with 37 stolen bases in 69 games. Nobody in the Midwest League is generating scouting reports anywhere close to Trout's, and in the span of fewer than three months, he's gone from an intriguing, toolsy outfielder to one of the best prospects still in the minors.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BoBtheMule » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:10 am

Sorry mblax... I don't want ya getting hate mail

I do appreciate the response and opinions!

Bob
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball