Please Help. I'm the Baltimore Orioles of my league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Help. I'm the Baltimore Orioles of my league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Help. I'm the Baltimore Orioles of my league.

Postby BelieveHon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Decided to take the plunge into fantasy baseball after having some success in fantasy football. Got three teams, but one is much more competitive than the others, and that's the one I concentrate on more.
I am struggling though, mightily.
For the past 2-3 weeks I've been scraping the bottom, and I'm coming to the conclusion I need to make some rather dramatic changes to pull out of the cellar, but thought I'd look to the wisdom of the board first before doing anything.

First off, league info: 12 team, H2H 6x6 (OPS and Holds) w/FAAB, max 6 moves week.
Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF(x5), Util, P(x9), BN(x6), DL(x2), (it's a pretty deep league in my opinion...)

My Team:
C-Brian McCann
C-Jorge Posada
1B-Ryan Howard
2B-Kelly Johnson
3B-Michael Young
SS-Ian Desmond
CI-David Wright
MI-Orlando Hudson
OF-Denard Span
OF-Angel Pagan
OF-Scott Podsednik
OF-Shane Victorino
OF-Chase Headley
Util-Andrew McCutchen

Bench: Nick Markakis, Matt Wieters

Pitching:
Livan Hernandez
John Danks
Dallas Braden
Hisinori Takahashi
Tom Gorzelanny
Randy Wells
Yovani Gallardo
Mike Leake
Mariano Rivera
Evan Meek
John Axford
Arthur Rhodes
Jason Frasor
DL-Tim Stauffer

I consistently lose HR, RBIs and OPS, breaking even in Runs, AVG, and SB. Pitching is weak in wins, saves, and Ks, while holds, ERA and WHIP are decent.

I'm strongly considering getting rid of Wieters and Markakis, but should I hang on to them? Should I try trading to balance my weaknesses, and if so, who for who?

Any and all suggestions/comments welcome, and if you don't mind receiving input from a guy with the worst record in his league, WHIR....
BelieveHon
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Help. I'm the Baltimore Orioles of my league.

Postby zonk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 am

If you're the Baltimore Orioles, it seems appropriate that you want to deal Wieters and Markakis but I don't think you'd get good value for them right now. Both are pretty cold, right?

I'm actually surprised that you're only breaking even on runs, Avg and SB with that lineup. Your OFs lack some power and that lineup should be racking up runs and SB. Pods/Span/Pagan/Victorino are all top 15 in SBs over the last month so your steals should get even better. You've got some high average guys too.

In my opinion, and without knowing what's on the waiver wire or the opposing teams, I really don't think you're going to be able to add the FAs or players through trades that you'd need to turn HR/RBI and OPS around if you're losing them as much as you state. What are your total #s and league ranking in those three categories? Are you near dead last in all three? If so, I'd accept losing those and really try to add players that will give you even more runs/average and steals. Trade for R. Davis of Oakland and as many lead off guys you could acquire. A guy like Mike Aviles might come cheap.

Sorry if this doesn't help but it's hard to recommend trades without knowing the rosters of the teams in your league or the top guys on your waiver wire.

Good luck.
zonk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: help

Postby floppy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am

Sorry to double post this, but I need help from as many opinions as possible...

Andre Eithier, Raul Ibanez, and Jose Bautista FOR Chris Carpenter, Dustin Pedroia, and Brett Gardner

I was the guy stuck with aaron hill, so I need a 2b, and I am need of pitching. my OF would be Gardner, Justin Upton, and either Mike Stanton/Jose Tabata for the time being. But is easier to find an OF then a pitcher/2b I'd think. It just scares me getting rid of Eithier. And I think Bautista is a sell high type guy. what do you think?
floppy
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team