Manny Parra - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny Parra

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manny Parra

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:00 am

So what is everyone going to make out tonights performance against the Cards? He has been a bit shaky so far this year in relief work, but just a couple years ago Manny made some big strides and looked like he was in for a very bright future. I realize that this was just a 'fill in start' for Bush and his 'blistered finger', but I have to believe with the state this Milwaukee team is in in the Central standings, and the god awful SP they have had that Parra just might get a shot. Also its been reported that Bush's 'blistered finger' was not the reason his start was skipped, as he told reporters his finger is just fine, and to prove it he was used out of the pen tonight.

Suppan is junk and is a huge contract that the Brewers I'm sure a very much regretting they signed that has been moved to the pen, Bush seems to have been, or is nearing a full time move to the pen, Davis is on the DL but was sporting a 7+ERA prior to the DL stint, Narveson has a 5.50+ERA since becoming a starter, Capuano is back in the rotation and outside of Gallardo and/or Wolf could be the only other pitcher that has the chance to solidify his role in the starting staff.

Seems to me that right now Milwaukee is just searching for arms to fill in, but if the do alright then they may get a justified shot at sticking in the rotation, unlike in the past when the Brewers front office simply went with the worse arms over younger guys based on the money they are paying them to play. I mean after a 10K night in only 5.1IP against the NL Central leading Cardinals, I really have to think he gets at least another shot.

Also on a side note, I've totally forgot about Capuano, this is a guy who in 05-06 combined won 29 games and struck out 176 and 174 batters in those 2 years. I know TJ sometimes makes pitchers better, as that ligiment is stronger then the original ligiment, but are there any believers out there that see Capuano coming back strong from 2 TJ surgeries? Could we possibly see a healthy rotation of Gallardo, Wolf, Capuano, Parra, Davis?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Manny Parra

Postby Pochucker » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:54 am

Ill be watching Parra but he has burned me last two years. Need to see some consistency before im buying.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:56 am

He's never shown the ability to keep the walks down and just isn't very impressive overall IMO. Pass.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby k.k. » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:21 pm

I think Manny Parra is definitely worth keeping an eye on. I'm not sure I want him tomorrow vs. Liriano and the Twins, but I might spot start him down the road with the right matchup. On his last start, he had a solid outing against the Rockies, surrendering two runs and six hits in six inning, struck out five, but perhaps most importantly he didn't walk any.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 pm

I at least have Parra on my watch list in deeper leagues. If I needed pitching help in a 14 team mixed league or larger I'd definitely let him occupy a spot on the back end of my roster. I've always been enamored with Parra. His GB rate is fantastic, his K-rate is up this year, and his velo is at it's highest mark in his career. I'd love to see the velocity and K/9 difference between relieving and starting, but regardless have interest in him. His O-swing rate is up, and his BB/9, though not good, isn't terrible at 4.10. I definitely have my eye on him.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers