J.D. Drew for Rajai Davis (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

J.D. Drew for Rajai Davis (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J.D. Drew for Rajai Davis (WHIR)

Postby jweb2244 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Who wins based on value ?
jweb2244
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: J.D. Drew for Rajai Davis (WHIR)

Postby Tengellid » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Depends on what you need more - runs with the potential for hr (drew) or stolen bases (Davis)

please help with mine http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=414011
Tengellid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jweb2244 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Please let me be clear: I am asking for a simple opinion of the relative value of the two players...I would not be asking the question if I had not already evaluated the categories. Thank you.
jweb2244
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tengellid » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:14 pm

The value was stated, as it is quite dependent on what your teams needs are. If you are struggling in the stolen bases category, than obviously the value of Davis would be higher than Drew. However, if you are struggling in categories like avg, homeruns, slg. than obviously the value of drew would be higher. I don't exactly know what you want as their relative value is dependent on what your needs are.
Tengellid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jweb2244 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 pm

So let's say I have Rajai Davis but need HR/RBI, and I ask you to evaluate Rajai Davis for Albert Pujolz. Would you say that is an even trade because my needs are HR/RBI's?

Just because a team needs something doesn't make the value it offers for it irrelevant.

Or to put it another way, according to your logic, if a team needs HR/RBI, all of these trades would be even: Davis for Pujolz, Davis for Drew, or Davis for Giambi...because the needs dictate the relative value.
jweb2244
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tengellid » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:38 pm

We are just going in loops.You want the relative value of a power guy for a speed guy, without the power guy attributes or the speed guy attributes to be involved. Since you are seemingly the expert on the topic already, I don't really know what you are looking for.
Tengellid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jweb2244 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:52 pm

If you don't know what a post is looking for, one possibility is to simply not answer it. As for this one, please consider this the end of the loop. I hope to get responses from others.
jweb2244
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baegames » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 am

I would say JD Drew, but, I agree, it depends on the categories. If you are asking if you should trade Drew for Davis, the answer would be maybe (in both directions).
But I think Drew is more valuable. Better lineup, better pure hitter. It also depends on how deep a league it is. If it is shallow, it is easier to find a SB guy (or one who gets only SB) on the waiver wire, making Drew more valuable. In a deep league, SB are harder to come by, and it might lean towards Davis. I think Drew, but, in a deep league, very close.
I would not drop Drew for Davis, but I would trade him to open up a slot.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=414018
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 209)

Postby Millhouse » Sun May 22, 2011 2:25 pm

In a vacuum, Davis more valuable, I could see him returning to lead off spot at some point. Drew is always an injury headache.

But it was not an INVALID question for you to be asked what exactly you need vs. relative value -- i.e. if you need steals, Davis more valuable; if you need power potential, Drew might be a better way to go. Frankly, I think you were kind of unnecessarily b*tchy in your initial response to Tengellid.

See mine? thanks. viewtopic.php?t=431291
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby rozzz5 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:31 pm

I would say Davis, because he can actually make a positive impact in at least a couple of categories (SB's and Runs) whil Drew is general mediocre in all categories and can hurt you with average when he goes into his season long slumps as well.

help with mine: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=431293
rozzz5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions