Illinois Working Hard to Maintiain "Most Corrupted" Status - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Illinois Working Hard to Maintiain "Most Corrupted" Status

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Illinois Working Hard to Maintiain "Most Corrupted" Status

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Ridiculous. I think you should be able to record on-duty police anywhere and everywhere

You don't really mean everywhere. There are places where you would not want to be recorded...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:09 pm

Btw most of these laws are exist for the "protection" of the public. The idea being that no one (the government or stalkers ect...) can film a person without his/her knowledge and permission. There simply is not an exception for police.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:29 am

thedude wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Ridiculous. I think you should be able to record on-duty police anywhere and everywhere

You don't really mean everywhere. There are places where you would not want to be recorded...

If they are on duty, then everywhere other than in a bathroom stall with them.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:32 am

thedude wrote:Btw most of these laws are exist for the "protection" of the public. The idea being that no one (the government or stalkers ect...) can film a person without his/her knowledge and permission. There simply is not an exception for police.

This is absolutely an exception for police. I could follow you around filming you all day--whether you know it or not-- as long as you're in public. If you are in public you have no expectation of privacy. This is how the paparazzi has jobs.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:34 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
thedude wrote:Btw most of these laws are exist for the "protection" of the public. The idea being that no one (the government or stalkers ect...) can film a person without his/her knowledge and permission. There simply is not an exception for police.

This is absolutely an exception for police. I could follow you around filming you all day--whether you know it or not-- as long as you're in public. If you are in public you have no expectation of privacy. This is how the paparazzi has jobs.

In the 12 states where there must be consent, courts have generally ruled that the public lives of celebrities often negate their expectation of privacy.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:45 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

In the 12 states where there must be consent, courts have generally ruled that the public lives of celebrities often negate their expectation of privacy.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't speak in such general terms, and it varies state to state. But in most places, even private citizens have no expectation of privacy in public locations.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:41 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

That is what I mean. In those 12 states, no one, not police, not Art Vandelay, not Sluggers, has the right to be taped without permission. Police and everyone else is therefore treated to the same laws. I am sure police would rather the law not exist, so that they could use video survaliance of suspected criminals (like drug dealers selling H in public parks) without a court order.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Buff Daddy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 am

Why stop with the cops? Film everyone! Teachers, bank tellers, cashiers; name a field and film them all, all the time, and start doing it now. Unless of course everyone is suggesting the cops should be discriminated against by being the only ones filmed? You know, it's that whole treating everyone equal thing, so of course no one is suggesting that, everyone would be happy to be treated equally by being filmed as well, right?

Anyone wanna go over/under on the percentage of "normal" people who get fired once that happens? Or how about the percentage of "normal" people that wind up in jail after being filmed all the time? Might even solve the unemployment problem, what an awesome side effect to this wonderful new plan!

Off to buy stock in digital recording devices, I suggest y'all do the same.

I should always be filmed, I'm just too sexy to not be on camera 24/7 baby! When it happens, hide your women boys, 'cuz they'll all be drooling over The Buff Daddy!
Buff is the stuff and the girls just can't get enough!

I'm simply delicious!
Buff Daddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:16 am

Buff Daddy wrote:Why stop with the cops? Film everyone! Teachers, bank tellers, cashiers; name a field and film them all, all the time, and start doing it now. Unless of course everyone is suggesting the cops should be discriminated against by being the only ones filmed? You know, it's that whole treating everyone equal thing, so of course no one is suggesting that, everyone would be happy to be treated equally by being filmed as well, right?

Anyone wanna go over/under on the percentage of "normal" people who get fired once that happens? Or how about the percentage of "normal" people that wind up in jail after being filmed all the time? Might even solve the unemployment problem, what an awesome side effect to this wonderful new plan!

Off to buy stock in digital recording devices, I suggest y'all do the same.

I should always be filmed, I'm just too sexy to not be on camera 24/7 baby! When it happens, hide your women boys, 'cuz they'll all be drooling over The Buff Daddy!

Wonder whose alt account this is. :-?

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk