Analyze my Week 9 situation - WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Analyze my Week 9 situation - WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze my Week 9 situation - WHIR!

Postby pnoozi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:33 am

10-team Y! H2H
Record: 72-74-14 (6th place)

C Rod Barajas *
1B Ryan Howard
2B Casey McGehee *
3B Michael Young *
SS Stephen Drew *
OF Magglio Ordonez *
OF Juan Pierre *
OF Brad Hawpe *
Util Miguel Cabrera
Util Brennan Boesch *
BN Aaron Hill
BN Carlos Pena
BN Carlos Lee

SP Felix Hernandez *
SP Matt Cain
SP Jered Weaver
SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Mike Pelfrey *
SP Gio Gonzalez *
SP Ian Kennedy *
RP Francisco Cordero
RP Trevor Hoffman *
RP Manuel Corpas *
DL Brandon Webb *
DL Erik Bedard
DL J.A. Happ

* (Undrafted, added mid season)

Until now I've had basically the worst pitching in my league. Week 6, I lost to the last place team. Week 7, I lost to the last place team. Last week, I decided that I would trade up for a top-tier pitcher at all costs. That cost ended up being Mark Reynolds and Jonathan Papelbon. The trade was my Mark Reynolds and Jonathan Papelbon for his Felix Hernandez and Trevor Hoffman. So that's how I stand now. I won last week (Week 8), but I beat a pretty bad team and finished the week batting .241. I feel like I've shored up my starting pitching nicely and I'm just waiting for my offense to stop playing like a bunch of old ladies (except Miguel, of course). Ryan Howard stands out as a player who's underperforming. Can you imagine if Howard and Cabrera get hot at the same time?

I've had some extraordinary bad luck this season.
  • Carlos Zambrano got moved to the 'pen for no reason. God knows how many K's and W's I missed out on because of that.
  • I've had huge chunks of stats erased because of postponed MLB games in the mid west (Cleveland, Chicago and Detroit).
  • Carlos Lee, one of the most consistent year-to-year 30/100/.300 players in the game, has apparently spontaneously forgotten how to hit.
  • Carlos Pena and Aaron Hill are both batting below .200 (although with Pena, it's to be expected).
  • During my draft, I meant to take Jason Werth, but wasn't paying attention and it autopicked Grady Sizemore.

So am I good now? Tell me what you think. Of course, WHIR (please remember to link).
pnoozi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Analyze my Week 9 situation - WHIR!

Postby theinflatinator91 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:09 pm

I would sit tight for a week or two and see what happens. Aaron Hill has been hitting of late, as has Carlos Lee.

That being said, Young has been on fire through May. You could try to package him in a deal with a few other guys who have been hot. Why not try trading Howard for a combo of Ichiro and another high average bat.

I have faith in both Hill and Lee and have actually targeted them in leagues. I would not hesitated to trade Young because you can easlily move McGehee to third and Hill to second. And an outfield of Ichiro, Magglio, and Lee could be a deadly combination.

Help with mine please! - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=413904
theinflatinator91
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team