trade shot down what do you think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

trade shot down what do you think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade shot down what do you think?

Postby 2StepsBehind » Mon May 31, 2010 6:03 pm

:-°
ok this may be a little long and i apologize.

12 team NL only keeper league.

I'm near the bottom in a pack of 4 teams and decided i want to make some noise. spoiler/money who knows what will happen. its a game. 3 weeks ago I trade
Jason Bay and Rafeal Furcal fand Chris Nelson (unactive ML) or Starlin Castro ( an unactivated minor leaguer),Omar Infante and John Bowker. Done. 2 weeks ago I have to activate Castro. So I move Infante to CI to cover a now reserved Kyle Blanks (injury). Done. This week I agree to a deal sending Adrolis Chapman,Joel Hanrahan, Rafeal Bentancourt, Omar Infante/Kyle Blanks (who are linked) for Matt Cain,Bronson Arroyo and Aubry Huff. The Commish of my league (which has been around for years) nixed this trade stating that Castro was linked to Blanks and they all go together. I argue the point that Castro "filled a natural void" created when Infante became linked to Blanks. This isn't the end of the world just wonder if anyone knows of what rule he may be referencing to draw this conclusion. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-2Steps
2StepsBehind
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade shot down what do you think?

Postby bigmck » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 am

It is quite obvious that your rules are different than most. == Normally a linked player is one that is picked up to take the place of a DL or ML player. Not someone currently on your team. You also are saying that Castro, Infante and Blanks are linked together. I have never heard of a 3 player link. It is going to be hard to get any help here. Your rules seem to be customized.
It should be up to your Commish to quote you a rule instead of just "saying this". == Your players should also have some notation next to them as to who is linked. Time has a way of blurring everyones memory.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner