Mets' players: Send Perez packing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets' players: Send Perez packing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mets' players: Send Perez packing

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

teezy33 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:He gets paid more than Bay?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/roster?team=nym

Yup, more than any of their position players in 2010 (except Beltran, but I didn't include him because he hasn't been a meaningful part of the team), including the likes of Bay, Wright, and Reyes

On a side note, does anyone else see that Gary Matthews Jr. is making $11,400,000??? Can that be right? If so, that's almost as big a joke as Perez making $12 Million! I know they didn't offer him that $ (I'm guessing the Angels did?), but why would they pick up an OF with that much baggage to sit on the bench (he's not even a starter and he makes more than Bay), when they already don't have Beltran playing. That's $30 million worth of OF that isn't on the field!!! What a disgrace.

Bay also got a sizeable signing bonus (something to the effect of 8 mil) so far all intent and purpose, he's making more than Ollie.

And no, that's not right. The Mets are paying Matthews 1 million for each of the next two years if I remember correctly. The Angels ate the rest of the contract.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers