Votto. Any Cincy Insiders Out There? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Votto. Any Cincy Insiders Out There?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Votto. Any Cincy Insiders Out There?

Postby vykeengfan » Sun May 30, 2010 2:57 pm

So how much longer should we expect Votto to be out? Is there a DL stint coming up for him? They say he's feeling much better, yet he's still not in the lineup. Can I afford to play him in my weekly league? This was the latest report on him through yahoo:

May 30 Votto (neck) is not in the lineup for Sunday's game against the Astros, Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports. He ran and threw on Saturday and was supposed to hit in the batting cage on Sunday, Cnati.com reports.

Recommendation: Earlier reports indicate that Votto is improving, so he could be back in the lineup early next week. He may be available to pinch-hit Sunday. His availability for the series against the Cardinals this week is questionable. "I don't know, it depends on how much improvement he makes. The ammount of improvement he made from the day before yesterday to yesterday was tremendous, we'll see how he feels this morning, whether he's sore or not," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "He ran and threw, now he has to hit. I'm just inclined that when a guy's been out, like Jimmy Rollins in Philadelphia, when they say they're ready, I like to wait one day longer because there's something different about working out than there is to playing."
vykeengfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates