Pick one: 2010 Catcher, Posey or Santana. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick one: 2010 Catcher, Posey or Santana.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Poll ended at Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:00 am

Carlos Santana
61%
Buster Posey
39%

Total votes : 36

Postby wrveres » Sat May 29, 2010 11:00 am

Buster Posey is getting the call in San Fransisco within the next couple of days. Carlos Santana should be called up to Cleveland in the next couple of weeks.

Buster Posey should have the added benefit of playing first base, while being catcher elig.
Carlos Santana has more hype, and probably plays a better guitar.

The Giants are expected to compete, but will the runs and rbis be there for Buster Posey?
Ever seen major league? Any of them? Yep the Indians are still a joke. Is Carlos Santana the next Joe Mauer? or the next Jake Taylor?

You tell me ..

Pick one catcher, for the rest of the 2010 season.

Carlos Santana
Career Age AB 2B HR BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS
6 yrs 24 1750 117 72 324 314 0.289 0.400 0.494 0.894

Buster Posey
Career Age AB 2B HR BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS
3 yrs 23 631 49 25 98 102 0.333 0.427 0.542 0.969

Pick one for the rest of the 2010 season.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick one: 2010 Catcher, Posey or Santana.

Postby slomo007 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:19 am

I'll take Posey by a decent margin. The better lineup + more playing time + lack of having to worry about managing the pitching staff in his rookie season should lead him to a better 2010 than Santana. That said I think it's asking a lot for either of them to be fantasy relevant in 12 team mixed leagues during their rookie seasons.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Santana. He seems to be 1000% ready.
Posey won't play. Huff and Molina are too proven-veterany™ .

BTW LOL@ the Dodgers for trading away Santana. They're lucky Blake has kept up a decent standard of production. :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sat May 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Buster Posey has been officially recalled from Triple-A Fresno, according to ESPN's Buster Olney.

The Giants are supposedly ready to play him at least five days a week between catcher and first base
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rotoquest » Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 pm

ROTOTIMES
Buster Posey, C, San Francisco Giants Saturday 5/29, 10:11 AM CT
Updating an earlier item, elite catching prospect Buster Posey has been officially recalled from Triple-A Fresno, according to ESPN's Buster Olney.

Our View: Now it is time for you to officially take a flier on him in all formats. The Giants are supposedly ready to play him at least five days a week between catcher and first base, so a lack of playing time will not be a problem in mixed formats. Really, if your team is not hitting the ball well, you have no excuse not to give him a shot.

I think the giants are really dedicated to giving fulltime at bats, and my guess is he gets more at bats than santana. Both are good options, but I would take a chance on posey over santana because the giants are in a winning direction and the indians are not.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 29, 2010 12:36 pm

rotoquest wrote:I would take a chance on posey over santana because the giants are in a winning direction and the indians are not.

That's not right. If the Giants are "contending" and Posey's first 100-odd at bats are sucky, he won't get another hundred in 2010, it will be the Huff and Molina show.

The Indians are going nowhere, so Santana can go for his life once his appropriate service times are past.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby rotoquest » Sat May 29, 2010 12:56 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
rotoquest wrote:I would take a chance on posey over santana because the giants are in a winning direction and the indians are not.

That's not right. If the Giants are "contending" and Posey's first 100-odd at bats are sucky, he won't get another hundred in 2010, it will be the Huff and Molina show.

The Indians are going nowhere, so Santana can go for his life once his appropriate service times are past.

That's a good point, but I mean that santana is hitting with hafner, peralta and kearns(who has come back down to earth), and won't get the peripherals that posey may attain while hitting in the middle of the giants lineup. And he probably won't hit sucky since he's always hit over .320 with a great OPS everywhere he's been in the minors.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby Tony Micelli » Sat May 29, 2010 12:57 pm

AussieDodger wrote:

Yeah, I think Aussie Dodger is right here. They do have solid, veteran presences at C and 1st if Posey falters or starts off slowly, I'm not sure how much of a chance they're willing to give him this year. I can't say which one is better offensively, because I haven't seen them play enough.
But, if Santana's bat is as MLB ready as they say ... he could even DH some days just to get his bat in the lineup.
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jackie hayes » Sat May 29, 2010 1:57 pm

rotoquest wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

That's a good point, but I mean that santana is hitting with hafner, peralta and kearns(who has come back down to earth), and won't get the peripherals that posey may attain while hitting in the middle of the giants lineup. And he probably won't hit sucky since he's always hit over .320 with a great OPS everywhere he's been in the minors.

Eh... The Giants are pretty lousy, too. I'd take Posey, because the call-up is now and for pt reasons (time at 1b will only help). But the lineups factor seems to be a push.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 125)

Postby wrveres » Sat May 29, 2010 1:58 pm

I went with Santana.
He will play a majority of his games in a weaker division, against inferior pitching.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers