Posey Coming Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Posey Coming Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Posey Coming Up

Postby thatguy27 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:09 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:Why would you take weiners for him? What has Weiners ever done? except be way hyped about how incredible of a hitter he was and then completely poop the bed at the ML level. No thanks, I'd rather the unknown upside of buster hymen, weiners is boring.

Yeah, that's kind of my thinking. Whichever one I go with will likely be backing up Soto most the time, unless one of them goes on a tear. But Weiters hasn't shown me anything thus far that makes me uber-excited to trade for him. Hell, Posey's first two games are probably better than, or at least on par with, Weiter's best games to date this season.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatguy27 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:6-9, 2 2Bs, 4 RBI in 2 games so far...

I just got offered Weiters for him... Decisions.

made me laugh and wasn't a canned joke

Explain? I assume you think it's an easy accept?
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:59 pm

is Posey up for the rest of the season? or any chance for some reason he gets sent back down to AAA?
DeRosa returning soon, does he go to OF with Huff back to 1B?
what about the signing of Burrell?
is Torres a regular starter for the rest of the season and natting leadoff?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 am

SpecialFNK wrote:is Posey up for the rest of the season? or any chance for some reason he gets sent back down to AAA?
DeRosa returning soon, does he go to OF with Huff back to 1B?
what about the signing of Burrell?
is Torres a regular starter for the rest of the season and natting leadoff?

derosa is done, his wrist is falling apart. i really doubt he plays again this season. torres will most likely continue batting leadoff as he's been one of the most valuable players on the team, as long as he's productive he'll hit. i can't imagine the giants will send posey back down as he's been hitting well and they're suckers for small sample sizes. hopefully he'll start to see some time behind the plate because bengie is just a black hole of suck, but bochy is completely incompetent so i'm not holding my breath.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Tony Micelli » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:58 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:

Ok, so you think it's a no - brainer to take Weiters over Posey?

If so, please explain why.
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Tony Micelli wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

Oh here we go it's Mr. Knee-jerk reaction here......I know Wieters is 0 for his last 14 so you've probably lost all hope on him, but the idea of selling a player as talented as he is when his value will be no lower for a kid like Posey who was just called up and rakes for three games is moronic. In doing so, you're either calling him (Wieters) a bust or saying Posey and his 19 PA are already better, both of which are ridiculous assessments. Wieters is the better hitter and safer bet going forward, that's why it's a no-brainer. Seriously, exercise some patience because his early struggles can't be the reason you have a team that is losing. This is all coming from somebody who actually does own Posey and has started him the last couple weeks in my money league.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Tony Micelli » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:32 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Tony Micelli wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

Oh here we go it's Mr. Knee-jerk reaction here......I know Wieters is 0 for his last 14 so you've probably lost all hope on him, but the idea of selling a player as talented as he is when his value will be no lower for a kid like Posey who was just called up and rakes for three games is moronic. In doing so, you're either calling him (Wieters) a bust or saying Posey and his 19 PA are already better, both of which are ridiculous assessments. Wieters is the better hitter and safer bet going forward, that's why it's a no-brainer. Seriously, exercise some patience because his early struggles can't be the reason you have a team that is losing. This is all coming from somebody who actually does own Posey and has started him the last couple weeks in my money league.

LOL, mr. knee - jerk reaction?

Wow, talk about reading too much into things, you serious?

Actually, another member asked you the same question --- and you didn't respond.

I wanted to know your own personal reasoning for why you value Wieters over Posey. That's all.

In fact, I don't own Wieters in any leagues. So, your rant wasn't necessary.

But again ... I just ask a question -- and you go into some tangent about how 'moronic' it would be for me to trade him, and make assumptions about how I overvalue Posey or some non-sense.

You need to calm down, Bruh.

If you make a statement like that, then you should expect some people to ask why you feel that way. That's all. B-)
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gnarboots11 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Why is Weiners a better hitter? We have a pretty large sample size at the big league level on Weiners now and he has sucked the entire time. I'd rather take the unknown upside of Posedogger over him. Also, the Orioles are in full out quit mode, they have all flipped the WHO GIVES A MOD EDIT: watch it switch. I want no part of that miserable team the rest of this season, I flat out cut Adam Jones, you think i wont do the same for Weiners? TRUST ME I WILL.
gnarboots11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jschmuck2 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 pm

gnarboots11 wrote:Why is Weiners a better hitter? We have a pretty large sample size at the big league level on Weiners now and he has sucked the entire time. I'd rather take the unknown upside of Posedogger over him. Also, the Orioles are in full out quit mode, they have all flipped the WHO GIVES A MOD EDIT: watch it switch. I want no part of that miserable team the rest of this season, I flat out cut Adam Jones, you think i wont do the same for Weiners? TRUST ME I WILL.

Yeah! You show him!

Wait....huh?
Jschmuck2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teaaker » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Posey was just as good as Weiters was in the minors and he did it for a lot longer than Weiters ever did. Just a thought...
teaaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers