Super Hero Squad - Addictive - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Super Hero Squad - Addictive

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Super Hero Squad - Addictive

Postby joejlitz » Fri May 28, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm sure there's a video game thread here, but I couldn't find it, so I fully expect this to be moved.

Anyway, my 4-year old plays conline computer games on Cartoon Network and other places. He asked me to play Super Hero Squad Stark Tower Defense with him. Now, I'm hooked.

He's been at day care all day and I've got the day off, so I've been playing for at least 3 hours. It's worth a look if you like strategy. You have to place different types of weapons on building rooftops to defeat Dr. Doom and all his minions as they move down the city streets. The different weapons have different attributes - Ms. Marvel's is fast, but less effective. Spiderman uses webs to slow people down while Iron Man, Cyclops, and Thor do the damage. Check it out if you like that kind of thing.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/sup ... index.html
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Super Hero Squad - Addictive

Postby markj11 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Tower defense games are very fun and addictive. I constantly play robo defense on my android phone.http://androidandme.com/2009/05/reviews/robo-defense-120-levels-of-tower-defense-madness/
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Awesome game. I just spent half an hour on a game :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby ensanimal » Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 am

I hate you for finding this and showing it off here. So much time wasted. X-I
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 120)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat May 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I finished it on normal. Not sure if I would have had a chance on epic.

Pretty solid tower defense game. ;-D
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Never really played a tower defense type game. Anybody have any tips as to how to distribute? I've been getting close to the end, but I keep losing out late. I've mainly been placing Thors in the middle because of their range/damage and loading up on Iron Mans and Cyclopses with the Spideys and Wonder Women placed strategically.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Never really played a tower defense type game. Anybody have any tips as to how to distribute? I've been getting close to the end, but I keep losing out late. I've mainly been placing Thors in the middle because of their range/damage and loading up on Iron Mans and Cyclopses with the Spideys and Wonder Women placed strategically.

This is what I did. I think the Cyclopes are great on the corners and I just used Thors everywhere else for their range and power. A few Spiders would probably be a good idea I didn't use any until the final boss but they helped a lot.

"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joejlitz » Sat May 29, 2010 11:10 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Never really played a tower defense type game. Anybody have any tips as to how to distribute? I've been getting close to the end, but I keep losing out late. I've mainly been placing Thors in the middle because of their range/damage and loading up on Iron Mans and Cyclopses with the Spideys and Wonder Women placed strategically.

I've played it so much, I regularly win on Epic level. What you want to do is start out by posting two Ms. Marvel's at the far left and have them gun down everything before it gets down the road. If you upgrade them early, they pretty much take care of everything.

Another thing to do is throw a spiderman out every few buildings and then place a ton of cyclops and thors around him. Let Spidey slow everyone down while those guys do the damage.

You also have to make sure you kill the bosses at the 10th and 20th levels. They give you a ton of money which makes the game much easier to win.

Cyclops 3rd upgrade is priceless.

Thos has a ton of range, but range can be a detriment if he is focusing on the wrong street.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sun May 30, 2010 12:25 am

Joe, you should try some other tower defense games if you like this one so much. Both Desktop Tower Defense and Bloons are top-notch. ;-D
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joejlitz » Sun May 30, 2010 8:07 am

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Joe, you should try some other tower defense games if you like this one so much. Both Desktop Tower Defense and Bloons are top-notch. ;-D

Not bad. I just played the Bloons one for about an hour.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to General Talk