Lineup is it to streaky, lacks power, or underachieving? WHI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Lineup is it to streaky, lacks power, or underachieving? WHI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lineup is it to streaky, lacks power, or underachieving? WHI

Postby BigRy » Thu May 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I play in a fourteen team standard roto league.

C Vmart
1b Derrick Lee
2b Ian Stewart

SS Mike Aviles
3b Pablo Sadoval
OF Braun
OF Cargo
OF Span
Util Guitierez
Util Guillen
Bench Glaus
DL Brian Roberts
DL Carlos Beltran

Bolded players indicate original draftees

Non bolded players are WW pickups.

My team started the season super fast and then May hit. Ive had the slumping Vmart, though he has come around lately. The player really hurting me is Sandoval. If he was producing with at least 30 rbis my offensive stats would be up higher I think. So, my question is, is this a good lineup that still needs to heat up in a few places (Sandoval, Vmart, and the recently acquired Derrick Lee) or is it a lineup with holes?

Right now my problem areas are rbi, home runs, and avg. However, I feel like these areas will improve when/if Sandoval actually produces,same with Vmart, and now with Derrick Lee looking as if he may return to form I could be in for a big jump in stats.

So, is this a good team or is beauty in the eye of the beholder? I fee like i have a wildly underperforming team in the areas I need big production from....

My pitching staff is lights out so no issues there but if you wan to know I have

Ubaldo
Josh Johnson
David Price
Matt Latos
Colby Lewis
Jeff Francis

RPs are Wilson, Marmol, and Corpas

Thanks for any input, it is appreciated. I am currently sitting in third place.

Leave a link!
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lineup is it to streaky, lacks power, or underachieving? WHI

Postby BigRy » Thu May 27, 2010 6:23 pm

bump
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zonk » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Just how well are you doing with pitching compared to the other teams?

To be blunt, when I look at your lineup, I see a decent lineup but nothing special because guys not named Braun are just so inconsistent. How many top 50 players do you have there?

I see two.

Catcher: VMart will turn it around and is the second best catcher in the ML, IMO. Unless Mauer drops from the sky, you won't do better.

Corners
Lee is typically a slow starter but he's never going to give you much power and he's declined in recent years. He MIGHT be top 15 1B at this point. Pablo? Dude, I just don't know about Panda. I don't think he'll get close to matching last year.
I'd guess that if you looked at the teams ahead of you in HR/RBI, they're corners are much stronger.

Middle Infielders:
Ian Stewart is top 10 2B but he is awfully streaky.
Aviles has been hot but who knows what he'll do. He'll give you R/S/Avg but Kansas City is awful.

I generally want runs, steals and average from my middle guys and you've got one streaky power guy and one unproven.

Outfield: Strength of your team. Braun is Braun. Span. I've got him as well and am a big fan. He'll score a ton of runs ahead of Hudson/Mauer/Morneau. Same with Guitierez in Denver. One monster power, one avg/rbi guy and one pure OF who will score a ton of runs. A perfect mix.

Now, to the bottom guys. I like Rolen more than Glaus for a backup 3B. Pick him up if he's available. That Atlanta lineup is mediocre and Rolen is batting cleanup for the Reds.

I don't know what you'll get out of Brian Roberts or Beltran this year. Roberts is beaten up and on a lousy offensive team. Beltran is likely to go on the DL for an ingrown toenail.

So, what would I do? You need power at the corners. I'd try and deal Lee once he starts to heat up a bit. I'd also consider dealing one of your top 4 SPs for some power.

I'm no expert but these are just my initial thoughts.
zonk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BigRy » Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 pm

My pitching stats are out of 14 points

13points in era, 13 pts in whip, 12 pts in wins, 14 pts in Ks and 11 pts in saves

I sent out feelers for pitching and had no bites. I guess I may have to be the aggressor.

The player who has hurt me is Panda. His horrible lack of production has killed me. Even if he was an average season Id be in first but he is terrible right now. All in all I am in second place....so, there is hope, lol.

Thanks for the reply.

I just picked up Lee...if he goes crazy like last year Ill be thrilled if not which is more likely than Ill need help.

The pickens on the WW are all just a bunch of streaky guys like Hart, Stubbs,etc....
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby VikingGuy84 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:40 pm

You and I sound like we're in the same boat -- under-performing teams with some players hit with the injury bug. I'm just as frustrated as you. I know it's a risky move, but I would suggest trading one of your SP for a top hitter. In reality you could get just about any offensive position, except catcher where you are set. I think you have to stick it out with Panda and Lee should be decent. Your other infield positions are so-so, but could use an upgrade. Getting a top OF to join Braun and Span is probably your best option to help stabilize/improve your offensive stats. I hope this helps.
VikingGuy84
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team