Lincecum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lincecum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lincecum

Postby spark0901 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:41 am

So there was some news about him having a blister during last nights game. Hopefully that start can be attributed to that. But what is going on with his control of late? He's walked 15 batters in his last 3 games. Are his mechanics a little off? God I hope its just a blister. I invested too much in him for him to develop some sort of arm issue this year.
spark0901
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lincecum

Postby Skimo77 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't think there is much to worry about at all here, if it's a blister that is a minor injury which won't cause too much problems, maybe a start or two... Lincecum is the Pujols of pitching, he may go through a few minor slumps, but he'll get out of it. I wish i had him!
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)

Postby stcardinal » Thu May 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Skimo77 wrote:I don't think there is much to worry about at all here, if it's a blister that is a minor injury which won't cause too much problems, maybe a start or two... Lincecum is the Pujols of pitching, he may go through a few minor slumps, but he'll get out of it. I wish i had him!

He's had 3 bad starts with absolutely no command and is regressing. I'm not to worried but he was blown up by the Nats. That's something to worry about. Not to mention his velocity is down to 92-93 when before he was hurling 94-95.
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Skimo77 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 pm

If you look at his career splits, his ERA is highest in May other than September, walks are highest in May, and ER are highest in May... he'll turn it around for sure... plus the Nationals aren't the Nationals of old this year. He'll turn it around soon, and be back in the Cy Young conversation again.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 33)

Postby mhuhn23 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 am

stcardinal wrote:
Skimo77 wrote:I don't think there is much to worry about at all here, if it's a blister that is a minor injury which won't cause too much problems, maybe a start or two... Lincecum is the Pujols of pitching, he may go through a few minor slumps, but he'll get out of it. I wish i had him!

He's had 3 bad starts with absolutely no command and is regressing. I'm not to worried but he was blown up by the Nats. That's something to worry about. Not to mention his velocity is down to 92-93 when before he was hurling 94-95.

Yeah...at 24-25 years old he's regressing already, all because he's had 3 bad starts in a row.

With your logic, would you be willing to admit that Pujols is regressing too? Given your screen name, I'd say that's doubtful.
mhuhn23
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates