Struggling! What do I need? Please help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby VikingGuy84 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 am

I am in a Yahoo 10-team league (head to head; 7 x 5 favoring hitters). Currently in last place. Waiting for some struggling stars to pick it up. What do you think I need to improve the team? WHIR! Just leave a link. Thanks!! ;-D

C J. Mauer
1B M. Reynolds
2B P. Polanco
3B D. Wright
SS H. Ramirez
OF B. Abreu
OF J. Bay
OF A. Soriano
UT M. Byrd
Bench J. Kubel, OF
Bench J. Cantu, 1B/3B
Bench N. Swisher, 1B/OF
Bench B. Roberts, 2B (DL)
Bench C. Beltran, OF (DL)
Bench M. Stanton, OF (AAA)

SP T. Hanson
SP J. Peavy
SP C. Buchholz
SP J. Garcia
SP K. Slowey
RP F. Cordero
RP R. Franklin
Bench G. Gonzalez, SP
Bench J. Beckett, SP (DL)
Bench J. Rauch, RP
Bench S. Strasburg, SP (AAA)
VikingGuy84
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 71
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby zonk » Thu May 27, 2010 11:32 am

What categories are hurting you?

Based on your lineup, you've got a few guys that should improve (Wright, Reynolds) and Stanton should help some. But, I'm guessing you're not getting much these day from your OF. Abreu's best days are behind him. Bay is inconsistent. Beltran will spend time on the DL for a hangnail. Kubel, Swisher and Cantu are all mediocre options that won't kill you too much but also have limited upsides.

How have your pitching categories stacked up? What SPs are available on the waiver wire?
zonk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 69
Joined: 18 May 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby BigRy » Thu May 27, 2010 1:43 pm

I was liking your team until I saw your OF then it hit the skids. Try and move Reynolds maybe? His power will be enticing to someone and maybe you can get a 1b that is more balanced. Also, Id have to think there has to be some more quality on the WW than Kubel in the OF.

Hope that helps

Plz see my link

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=413133
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby dillonlockwood » Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm with BigRy, trade Reynolds. Your OF just isn't cutting it. On your homepage click players, select available OF and then sort by percentage owned and list the first 5 for me, then do the same after selecting their current rank. As far as pitchers go, I suggest trading Strasburg to someone who really wants him. You need solid numbers for the rest of the season and you can't always pitch Hudson and pray that he's on his game. Try to sell him for two pitchers of medium tier if you can. Pitchers like Liriano, Ervin Santana, Hiroki Kuroda. Then again, if you can trade him straight up for someone like Lester, try that. You never know.. someone in your league can be a real Strasburg fan. Now that I think of it, it might be best to change your available players to Reynolds and Strasburg. See what kind of offers you get, they will probably try to undersell you.. so if they want Strasburg for a pitcher of theirs, make a counter offer for their NEXT best pitcher.
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 67
(Past Year: 36)
Joined: 27 May 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby VikingGuy84 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:19 pm

zonk wrote:What categories are hurting you?

Based on your lineup, you've got a few guys that should improve (Wright, Reynolds) and Stanton should help some. But, I'm guessing you're not getting much these day from your OF. Abreu's best days are behind him. Bay is inconsistent. Beltran will spend time on the DL for a hangnail. Kubel, Swisher and Cantu are all mediocre options that won't kill you too much but also have limited upsides.

How have your pitching categories stacked up? What SPs are available on the waiver wire?


Sorry it took so long to reply... It varies week-to-week, but I'm usually getting beat in ERA, WHIP, AVG, and HR. I'm sure if/when Mauer and Bay start hitting HRs my fortunes will change. However, that is a big IF. Yes, my main concern right now is my OF and SP. Soriano was drafted to be on the bench and Byrd was a FA pickup. Didn't intend for them to be in the starting lineup. When I drafted, I didn't know the severity of Beltran's injury (my stupid mistake). I have an offer from another owner to acquire Liriano and Dunn in return for Strasburg. I'm still contemplating. Your thoughts?

SP available right now on our WW: J. Ely (LAD), I. Kennedy (ARI), J. Chacin (COL), C. Richard (SD), L. Hernandez (WAS), J. Vargas (SEA)...

Thanks for the help!
VikingGuy84
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 71
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby VikingGuy84 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:21 pm

BigRy wrote:I was liking your team until I saw your OF then it hit the skids. Try and move Reynolds maybe? His power will be enticing to someone and maybe you can get a 1b that is more balanced. Also, Id have to think there has to be some more quality on the WW than Kubel in the OF.

Hope that helps

Plz see my link

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=413133


Thanks, BigRy. Trading Reynolds is certainly an option. What do you think is fair value in return? He's currently ranked #28 in our league. His AVG is killing me, but the HR and TB are nice. What would be equal value? Maybe a 2nd tier 1B and speedy OF?

Thanks for the help!
VikingGuy84
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 71
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby VikingGuy84 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm

dillonlockwood wrote:I'm with BigRy, trade Reynolds. Your OF just isn't cutting it. On your homepage click players, select available OF and then sort by percentage owned and list the first 5 for me, then do the same after selecting their current rank. As far as pitchers go, I suggest trading Strasburg to someone who really wants him. You need solid numbers for the rest of the season and you can't always pitch Hudson and pray that he's on his game. Try to sell him for two pitchers of medium tier if you can. Pitchers like Liriano, Ervin Santana, Hiroki Kuroda. Then again, if you can trade him straight up for someone like Lester, try that. You never know.. someone in your league can be a real Strasburg fan. Now that I think of it, it might be best to change your available players to Reynolds and Strasburg. See what kind of offers you get, they will probably try to undersell you.. so if they want Strasburg for a pitcher of theirs, make a counter offer for their NEXT best pitcher.


Thanks dillonlockwood. As you asked:

Top OF Available (% owned):
J. Guillen (KC) - 64%
C. Headley (SD) - 63%
F. Gutierrez (SEA) - 53%
J. Willingham (WAS) - 52%
N. Morgan (WAS) - 48%

Top OF Available (current rank):
J. Willingham (WAS) - #41
J. Guillen (KC) - #48
A. Pagan (NYM) - #113
J. Gomes (CIN) - #122
F. Gutierrez (SEA) - #137

For pitchers... as I said in a previous post above, I have an offer from another owner to acquire Liriano and Dunn in return for Strasburg. I'm still thinking about it. This is a keeper league and I have to keep at least 1 pitcher. I kept Hanson last year and am expecting to keep Strasburg this year if I don't trade him. Do you think I should take that deal? I'd rather trade Hanson instead because I fear that trading Strasburg could haunt me... Thanks for the help!
VikingGuy84
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 71
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling! What do I need? Please help!

Postby BigRy » Sun May 30, 2010 1:07 am

Willingham is having a good season. Id add him for your worst rated OF. Also, I knew Guiteriez is the lowest ranked FA but he is a balanced player meaning he can consistenly at least get you some production as compared to Jose Guillen who is all or nothing and probably will be nothing for the majority of the season.
BigRy
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact