Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Time to dust off that Wii as Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out today. I bought one just now off Amazon and from all accounts, it's absolutely worth it. Anybody else getting SMG2?

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:42 am

I pre-ordered off Amazon, mine should be here today or tomorrow.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Tue May 25, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm a little disappointed how similar it is to the first one. It's still fun but it feels like I'm just playing bonus worlds.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue May 25, 2010 8:12 pm

jfg wrote:I'm a little disappointed how similar it is to the first one. It's still fun but it feels like I'm just playing bonus worlds.

You know, I'm getting tired with your dour skepticism/pessimism in at least 8 out of every 10 GT-related threads. :-D

I'm getting my copy tomorrow and will give some impressions some time.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jfg » Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
jfg wrote:I'm a little disappointed how similar it is to the first one. It's still fun but it feels like I'm just playing bonus worlds.

You know, I'm getting tired with your dour skepticism/pessimism in at least 8 out of every 10 GT-related threads. :-D

I get tired of it myself sometimes... :-b
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:29 am

Just bought this and am ready to play all day tomorrow on my day off - here's to hoping it can at least make an attempt to live up to its '10' rating on IGN :-? :-o :-b
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:43 am

My sister just got a Wii for her birthday. I'm only home for the summer but is it worth it to get SMG? I'm also considering Twilight Princess. I guess I could just sell them at the end of the summer if I beat them.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am

teddy ballgame wrote:My sister just got a Wii for her birthday. I'm only home for the summer but is it worth it to get SMG? I'm also considering Twilight Princess. I guess I could just sell them at the end of the summer if I beat them.

SMG, SMG2, and TP are all great. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is pretty good too.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:My sister just got a Wii for her birthday. I'm only home for the summer but is it worth it to get SMG? I'm also considering Twilight Princess. I guess I could just sell them at the end of the summer if I beat them.

SMG, SMG2, and TP are all great. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is pretty good too.

For two players or more, New SMB is probably the best game I've played on the current generation consoles. It would probably be pretty fun with only one player but you don't see many non FPS games these days that are meant for more than one player. Even Galaxy 1+2 have really lame options for the 2nd player.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Buff Daddy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:15 am

Why wait for a new game to be shipped, why not just buy it in the store?

Whatev, bought mine the day it hit. Working on the green stars right now, some of those buggars are a bit hard to find and get.

Yeah, yeah, Buff Daddy plays Mario. So what, I still look better than your ugly mugs!
Buff is the stuff and the girls just can't get enough!

I'm simply delicious!
Buff Daddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Video Games