Oh Mat Latos I love you so - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oh Mat Latos I love you so

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Oh Mat Latos I love you so

Postby heyeaglefn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Sounds like SD is planning to place him on the DL to limit his innings, which is great news for at least me since I can pick up someone to replace him.
heyeaglefn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Padsin05 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:Sounds like SD is planning to place him on the DL to limit his innings, which is great news for at least me since I can pick up someone to replace him.

yep since he wont pitch til July 23rd anyways, this gives them a free roster spot.

I wonder if MLB is gonna investigate this, I know its not the same as the Ollie situation, but basically a team circumnavigating the rules
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)

Postby HighHeater » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 pm

could SD get in a lot of trouble if speculation is true and there is no injury and just a way for them to limit innings.?

theres really no talk of such injury and more of it them limiting his innings after the break so i find it hard to believe he has a mystery injury of sorts to pop up. don't get me wrong i love the strategy of limiting him since hes on my dynasty teams.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:45 am

Latos is claiming he felt "a tug" in his side three starts ago. Everybody knows it's BS. He has tossed 20 innings allowing only one earned run since this infamous "tug". I wouldn't be surprised to see the Padres try and DL him, and i hope they get away with it, but I bet Colorado or LA complains to the commish.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 am

from hoyer.

Mat Latos is likely to go on the DL. "Frankly, it worked out somewhat conveniently for us." They were planning on optioning him sometime after the break to give him rest before the injury became an issue.

"It did work out conveniently, but at the same time Major League Baseball scrutinizes these things. This is totally on the up and up, he's had some pain in his side and he's on the injury report, it's totally convenient, but it is legitimate"
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 pm

wrveres wrote:and i hope they get away with it, but I bet Colorado or LA complains to the commish.

I can't see Selig being able to do much about it since the Pads could just as easily option him down to AAA.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:18 pm

What a bunch of cheaters. Screw you Friars, and screw you Latos!!! I AM LATOS-INTOLERANT.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers