Oh Mat Latos I love you so - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oh Mat Latos I love you so

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Oh Mat Latos I love you so

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:06 am

Padsin05 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jun/14/black-not-putting-a-limit-on-latos/

:-C I traded him 3 weeks ago thinking he'd be limited. Hopefully Bud puts his head on straight and limits him even if he is pitching lights-out.

As long as the Cubs top the Central, Prior needs to be pitching as much as possible

-Dusty Baker circa 2003

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:24 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jun/14/black-not-putting-a-limit-on-latos/

:-C I traded him 3 weeks ago thinking he'd be limited. Hopefully Bud puts his head on straight and limits him even if he is pitching lights-out.

As long as the Cubs top the Central, Prior needs to be pitching as much as possible

-Dusty Baker circa 2003

and both teams have something in common. They want(ed) a ring more than anything.
Would i sacrifice Mat Latos career for a ring.

Yes, a hundred times, Yes.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Postby joecahill » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 am

I just traded for Latos about a week ago...I'm in a keeper league, and my team's in dead last, so why not build for next year? Having never seen this guy, I watched Latos' start from the 22nd vs. the Rays. Maybe it's the uniform, but he reminds me a lot of a taller, tatted-up Jake Peavy. Add a cutter, they have the same pitches, with very similar velocities. Similar mound presence, as well. I really like this kid.
joecahill
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:18 am

I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine. If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine.
See my white light flashing as I split the night, 'Cause if Good's on the left ...

Then I'm stickin' to the right .

lets go 'pad 'res!
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:26 am

this just in.

from a radio interview ..

# It wouldn't surprise Hoyer if Tim Stauffer becomes a starter for the Padres. He's got the repertoire to start.
# At some point they'll give Mat Latos a break and Stauffer could fill in for him. The Padres have a plan in place to give Latos a nice long rest that they haven't announced. "We have to do it, he's a 22 year old kid and we have to make sure we give him a break. Which is hard because he's pitching so well and in such a rhythm."
# Hoyer is against the 6 man rotation because if the Padres have a day off they'll only be pitching once a week.
# The goal is to have Latos available to pitch the whole month of September.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HighHeater » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 pm

good news cause they had me worried they were not going to limit this kids workload. He's pitched extremely well every time out this year so i figured it would be hard for them to take that out of their rotation but he's 22.... 22!!!!! He's a budding elite ace and someone who can roll out every 5 days with confidence a win should come. I was worried his workload this season could impact him next year if they didn't limit him someway so this eliminates my concerns dynasty wise but also takes value away in redraft leagues depending on him.

This kid is money in a dynasty league. I'd only value Strasburgh over him in rankings... he's that good! ;-D
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Roger LaFrancois » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:00 pm

wrveres wrote:this just in.

from a radio interview ..

# It wouldn't surprise Hoyer if Tim Stauffer becomes a starter for the Padres. He's got the repertoire to start.
# At some point they'll give Mat Latos a break and Stauffer could fill in for him. The Padres have a plan in place to give Latos a nice long rest that they haven't announced. "We have to do it, he's a 22 year old kid and we have to make sure we give him a break. Which is hard because he's pitching so well and in such a rhythm."
# Hoyer is against the 6 man rotation because if the Padres have a day off they'll only be pitching once a week.
# The goal is to have Latos available to pitch the whole month of September.

This is good news for my non keeper 20 man H2H league since I feared he would rested during the playoffs. This sort of removes the impetus to try to sell high on him, although I am going to keep my offer of Latos for Adrian Gonzales open.

Edit: trade was accepted but amended to Latos + spare part (Jose Lopez) for Adrian + spare part (Neil Walker). League is a 20 team 30 player h2h league (10 man bench). My offense is now officially awesome for this league while my pitching remains ok due to about 6 pitchers coming off DL in next 3 weeks.
Roger LaFrancois
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 am

Bud Black said Latos was going to be pushed to the back of the rotation for the start of the second half, with his first start not coming until July 21 in Atlanta. That would give Latos 12 days off. "We’re conscious of what Latos has worked,”
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GoodOl'Days » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 am

wrveres wrote:I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine. If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine.
See my white light flashing as I split the night, 'Cause if Good's on the left ...

Then I'm stickin' to the right .

I don't know quite what that is :-b , but I put my money on Mat Latos aka the Josh Hamilton of pitching long ago and am loving it, even if he's pitching just a bit for the next couple months. I'll let my higher chosen studs rip it until then.

I hope what you heard is solid. It seems like the Padres are a team you can trust to give a relatively strong shot at achieving their goals.
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby HighHeater » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:07 pm

this kids such a stud in the unfolding in front of us..... 89 pitches so far and looking like a CG SO right now. disgusting command of elite stuff at 22yrs old!
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers